"Official Unofficial" statement on the new Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jan 21st, 06, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

"Official Unofficial" statement on the new Camaro

don't know if any other here left comments at Chevy.com, and left your phone number, but:

I shot an E-mail to Chevy right after the unveiling of teh Camaro Concept, stating I was a first gen owner and had every intention of buying a new one if they made it, to keep a long e-mail short......I got a call from them the next day, the guy I talked to said I could be sure that the "guys up the line" would get my commments, which also stated I had no probem buying a challenger if the Camaro isn't made. He told me he had been gettting comments all day and comfirmed production would be most likely based on public support. He said he had spent his entire day contacting people who left comments about teh concept, and only one had not liked it(it wa around 5 PM central when I got my call). He said no offical annoucemnt has been made, so he could give me a 100% opn this, but that the public response has been so big that you could pretty much expect to see it in showrooms around 2009.
Old Jan 24th, 06, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Re: "Official Unofficial" statement on the new Camaro

Could you provide a direct link where you sent your comments to GM and please post it in here and in the thread where it asks "how to contact GM"? We're having difficulty finding it.

Thanks
Old Jan 24th, 06, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Arrow Re: "Official Unofficial" statement on the new Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyes
don't know if any other here left comments at Chevy.com, and left your phone number, but:

I shot an E-mail to Chevy right after the unveiling of teh Camaro Concept, stating I was a first gen owner and had every intention of buying a new one if they made it, to keep a long e-mail short......I got a call from them the next day, the guy I talked to said I could be sure that the "guys up the line" would get my commments, which also stated I had no probem buying a challenger if the Camaro isn't made. He told me he had been gettting comments all day and comfirmed production would be most likely based on public support. He said he had spent his entire day contacting people who left comments about teh concept, and only one had not liked it(it wa around 5 PM central when I got my call). He said no offical annoucemnt has been made, so he could give me a 100% opn this, but that the public response has been so big that you could pretty much expect to see it in showrooms around 2009.
I hope the car and what it looks like are based on public support I'd say their ear's are a ringing right now from all the upset folks out here in camaro land after seeing that thing ,
Old Jan 24th, 06, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

go to Chevy.com go click on the "contact us" type of link
Old Jan 24th, 06, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Send a message via ICQ to Kermi
Talking Re: "Official Unofficial" statement on the new Camaro

I am planning on buying one, I like the idea Chevy has taken with the 5th gen.
I own 2 first gens and love the idea of a fifth gen with first gen accents. If I wanted a RETRO camaro for 30K I would buy a dynacorn convert all done with a up to date kick azz pro touring suspension and a GM crate engine. Kinda like the year one 69 pace car looking convert. this is my opinion and I know alot of first gen lovers may not agree. Just sharing my point of view.
Kermi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 31st, 06, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I talked to a guy who dosen't work for GM, but is considered press my them or something like that, and he told me that GM is comitted to reading EVERY commentthey get about the Camaro whgen determining its future....so there you go guys, th end result will probably be based on public opinion,, which could make for one very popular car....
Old Jan 31st, 06, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Hey maybe we should all talk to RamJam with some of our ideas, and have him make some changes. Then we could all send them our own emails with what we think looks good. Who know maybe we can even get him a job over at GM design studios. Then maybe we could get someone with style in there to work on the new Camaro.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1/[email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HarleyD67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 31st, 06, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

I do not like the 5th Gen concept, but I do not hate it either. I think they got the motor right and overall idea of what people want, but I still think there is something missing. This new Camaro has to have the 'wow factor' the Mustang did when it was first revealed. Also, the RS versions should not look like the Z28's and SS's. My 4 Gen Z28 was mistaken for a 6 Cylinder because it's Black with the Pizza Cutter Alloys. Although the rim is wider with 50's on there for sneakers, there wasnt much visual difference.
Lt1burn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 1st, 06, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Thumbs up Re: "Official Unofficial" statement on the new Camaro

Thanks Harley!!!!

RamJam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 1st, 06, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tech Team

can you give me that email address i would like to send off an email about the new camaro as well. i think the more emails they get the better. thanks gary
garyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in