How can we contact GM about the new Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jan 22nd, 06, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tech Team

Thumbs down How can we contact GM about the new Camaro

I own a 69 Camaro, and love it like my kids. But I was looking forward to seeing the new camaro, and I am very disappointed in it. It does not resemble one spec of the 69. Unless that concept changes I will be buying the new Mustang as my next daily driver. The new Mustang and the new Challenger look alot like the old ones on all angles, and my hat is off to Ford and Mopar for that. Isn't the sales of the new mustang thru the roof? Why cant GM see that and just use some common sense.

Two thumbs down on the new Camaro. Hopefully enought of us can contact GM and tell them this, otherwise we will see the Camaro be discountinued again.
efd75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 22nd, 06, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired

Re: How can we contact GM about the new Camaro

If you were around the last two weeks the Bench section was so full of comments on the concept camaro, that this seperate section was created to keep the comments localized for the folks at GM to read themselves. Yes they do have people from Chev that visit our board alot. Your comment will be seen by them here. It might go over better if you suggested particular changes you'd like to see rather than just say 'Im gonna buy a mustang'.
GM has been very open to constructive suggestions and consider also that all 22,000 + of us Team Camaro folks each have our own ideas of what we'd like to see. Chev has to trim this down to one style and of course we hope it mimics a first generation camaro along the lines that Ford and Dodge did with theirs.
Be constructive and they will listen.
click is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 22nd, 06, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Lightbulb Re: How can we contact GM about the new Camaro

you are correct , the new dodge challenger look's like a 1970 (WHICH IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT) the 05 and now 06 mustang looks like a 68 mustang (WHICH IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT) the new camaro concept looks like part cadillac part star ship enterprise and part nissan (WHICH IS NOT WHAT PEOPLE WANT) but they are to smart at GM to do anything wrong ? why just look at their track record ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

THE DESIGN IN THE 70 CAMARO IS UNLIKE ANYTHING EVER SEEN

THEN THEY EVEN CAME OUT WITH A NEW NOVA

AND CHECK OUT THIS SS IMPALA

GM knows what the public want's after 1970 they got smart ?? er uhh ?? something , this new camaro is gonna kick the mustang and challengers a$$ , cause the GM folk's know that people love the camaro name , or would it be the name that was on 67 68 69 camaro's ?? no I guess it's just the name if it looks like a space ship and has camaro emblems on it should sell million's

at least thats what they must be thinking ,

Last edited by RS3SDL2MG; Jan 22nd, 06 at 09:58 AM.
RS3SDL2MG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 22nd, 06, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

To each his own. I like it. I am glad they picked round gauges over square...

Sure it will change some but remember, it is not a 69 Camaro, it is a new one.
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 22nd, 06, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

that Nova is a bad example of GM's design philosophy at the time- it was nothing more than an imported, rebadged Toyota (i think), that later evolved into ther Geo Prizm when the Geo brand was brought out, and later called the Chevy Prizm when Geo was discontinued.
and i believe they sold quite a few of them.

wait- i gues it is a good example of GM's design philosophy of today- look at the GTO. rebadged, imported Holden with an American nameplate. but at least the GTO started as a GM product, and is an awesome car.
why not just have Holden build a new Camaro?

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
novaderrik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 22nd, 06, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

The way I look at it if you want a first gen buy a first gen ???

But I agree that dodge did a better retro job on their cars !!
Old Jan 22nd, 06, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

The new Camaro looks alot like todays Cadillac's even the color they used for the car is a Cadillac silver! They needed to look out side their own world and see what the people are looking for !!!!!! Not necessiarly a 67,68, or a 69 but somthing that the average joe can afford and drive! Like the mustang, Look at the sells of the mustang over the past two years!
I for one would by a Mustang Or the Challenger over the Camaro, and I am a chevy guy!!!!!
junbug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 22nd, 06, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Arrow Re: How can we contact GM about the new Camaro

this is the way it needs to be

#1 the mustang looks almost exactly like a 1968 mustang >it's sales are thru the roof
#2 the challenger looks almost exactly like a 1970 challenger that thing will sell like crazy
#3 the camaro will HAVE TO LOOK LIKE EITHER A 1967 1968 1969 CAMARO to compete ,

I'm thinking that GM may be using reverse phsycology on us by releasing pictures of that peice of crap cadillac and are really gonna release a nice looking camaro ,

sort of like coca cola did that time by saying they had quit making coca cola and had (NEW COKE) then let it go and re released coke ,
Old Jan 23rd, 06, 06:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tech Team

Unhappy Re: How can we contact GM about the new Camaro

To answer Click... Here is what I say should be on the new Camaro. I agree with the rest of the replies on this post. IT LOOKS LIKE A CADILLAC and that has to change or the Camaro will be history.

1) The front grill looks nothing like the 69 grill. Its too pointy and needs to change. The mustand and challenger are allmost identical to their 69's. Another thing, what's with the hole in the header panel? That was not there in the 67-69's

2) The new camaro tail lights and back panel dont even come close to what the 67-69's looked like. That has to change.

3) Like i said, use common sense. The new mustang looks ALOT like the old mustangs, and the new Challenger looks even more like the old Challengers of the early 70's. They will sell very well.

If GM does not change that "Cadillacamaro" then the legend of the Chevrolet Camaro will die a very painfull and unbearable death to all us first Gen Camaro people. Fire that designer of the 2009 Camaro immediately before its too late.

Just my 2cents worth
efd75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 23rd, 06, 07:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Go to Chevy's website; www.chevrolet.com

In there you will find a link to e-mail your respones to GM about the Camaro. When I was at the Auto Show, that's what the announcer told the crowd. "Snake Eyes" posted a thread in here saying he did just that and actually got a telephoned response from GM.

So if you want your voice to be heard you'll go there and send an e-mail.

A word about Challanger....I personally love the car, but I gotta admit from a business stand point (and this was echoed by many who saw it in person) it is just too damn retro. I actually heard two guys arguing whether it was an original 1970 car with a body kit or a whole new car. Not kidding. And it was huge too. It's 10 inches longer than our Camaro concept....10 INCHES!!!! And it's as tall as the Toyota Camry. That's a big sports car.

But they'll build it. And I'm sure they'll sell a few. Although they won't be priced in the Camaro/Mustang market. My buddy over at Chrysler says he's hearing rumors of Challanger going north of 40.
Old Jan 23rd, 06, 07:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage

Maybe you can post a link to the exact spot on the chevy site. I looked around for awhile and couldn't find it. I did get really annoyed though. I think the decision to go with this modern version instead of the timeless first gen version is exactly the type of decision making that got GM into the trouble it is in. Yesterday I spoke to the person that was one of the main design guys on the orig, Dodge Challenger. He does not like the new Camaro. I have been asking many people what they think of it and many give me a decisive NO. Many also like it but if I were building it and had heard that many opinions against it I would have a hard time taking the plunge to build it.
clill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 23rd, 06, 09:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Maybe they should build it with bias ply tires and a carb too? Hell go back to 4 wheel drums, cause thats what the 1969 Camaro had. What would be really sweet would be a oil leaking 1 bbl L6 with the 3spd on the tree.

The roof line, belt line, and window shape are right off the 1969 Camaro. The console with guages, 69 Camaro.

The only part of that car that needs work is the rear, it looks weird.

If you want a new 1969 Camaro, talk to Dynacorn, ( everyone b!tched about that too.) if you want a new car with the safety and performance of a new car with the things that made the 69 Camaro cool, then just wait. I don't think that with the 2006 Z06 under their belt that the Chevy guys are going to dissapoint.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 23rd, 06, 06:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tech Team

I gotta say that I think the guys that say it doesnt look like a first gen are looking for reasons not to like the design. I think it is a nice combination of the 67/68 body and the 69 body! I do not like the rear end view, its to rounded, not enough length in the trunk area. I would also improve on the front grill, making the actual grill thicker top to bottom. I would also like to see the hood scoope a bit more pronounced! and perhaps some fender lines more like the 69 body, over the wheel openings and back.

Over all I think they have a great Concept, and will build an even better production car. I will buy one, if its affordable!!
69partscar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 24th, 06, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by clill
Maybe you can post a link to the exact spot on the chevy site. I looked around for awhile and couldn't find it.
I couldn't find it either Charley. I'll send "Snake Eyes" a PM and ask him to jump in here with a link. Although I disagree that the car should go more retro I do feel it's important that GM hear all opinions on the car both good and bad. So far they're hearing an awful lot of good stemming from the Auto Show.
Old Jan 24th, 06, 12:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I too think a few things could be tweeked in the front and rear ends to look more "Camaro" like.
I think it is a GREAT concept, one of the best looking modern cars I've seen.

I already have a first gen and love it's looks, I'd like to have a 5th gen as well, and I'd like the two to be different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DVINNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in