First gen front end on concept camaro. - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Feb 2nd, 06, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Lightbulb First gen front end on concept camaro.

Hey guys,

Please post your opinion.

First off thanks to 67LS1RSCamaro for posting the original pic. Here is what I came up with. Harley and others I hope this is what you were looking for.

1. I lengthened the front and back end.
2. Added 1st gen hood center seam.
3. Made side mirrors bigger.
4. Added the 69 gill I made.
5. Gave it a 67-68 RS grill. Second pic is 69 RS grill and made valence opening smaller.
6. Added front spoiler.
7. Made the lower lights amber (old style).
8. Changed shape of lower valence.
9. Lowered rear spoiler.
10. Removed indent in roof.

I know it's not perfect but neither was the original. I just don't have the time to make it perfect. The main thing is do you get the first gen retro effect out of it. My opinion is yes. What's yours? I also don't think it looks like it's smiling anymore. I'm not done yet.

Thanks guys

Here's update with 69 RS grill

67-68 RS grill.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RamJam; Feb 3rd, 06 at 06:53 PM.
RamJam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 2nd, 06, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Re: First gen front end on concept camaro.

I agree with you on the roof, and I like your idea on the hood and the opening below the grill. But I must say I like the '69 style rs grill better in the original with your changes to the other things. The gills on the sides are nice, but I think that indent on the sides needs to be softened up a bit. I think where on the same page with the Z06 style mirrors. Don't get me wrong I do like the front spoiler. I just think you need to move the lower grill opening down from the main grill, but keep the style.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1/[email protected]

HarleyD67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 3rd, 06, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Thumbs up Re: First gen front end on concept camaro.

Hey Harley

Thanks; This is what I'm looking for some input from people. You're about the only one giving opinions and ideas anymore. As you can see I added pic with 69 RS grill, I also moved the lower grill. I like it better now. It was too big before. I'll work on the side soon just to see but I don't hate what they did there. It should have some new age things on it IMHO.

Old Feb 3rd, 06, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

I don't like the "extra grill" between the parking lights at all. If it needs more air, let it bottom feed from in front of the spoiler.

Of course, i prefer the 67-68 style grill...lol

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
JimM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 3rd, 06, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I can't believe I'm saying this. Especially since I'm such a BIG 67-68 fan, and really only like 68's because there still 1st gens. But I like the 69rs version better. I still think the lower grill opening needs to be moved down more like the lower valance opening on 67-68's, and mould a bumper in between there. And I wasn't saying to smooth out the sides all together. I just think they are tucked in too far. I think the sides looked better when they where more subtle like on this version I did.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

Old Feb 4th, 06, 08:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I like them both! Can you now incorporate the side styling that you did in your previous topic and show that in a 3/4 view? Remember, GM is reading this!

John
Old Feb 7th, 06, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

You "lengthened" the front and rear ends??!!

All that does is add significant weight to the vehicle.
Old Feb 7th, 06, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Team Member

Send a message via ICQ to clwilcox33 Send a message via MSN to clwilcox33 Send a message via Yahoo to clwilcox33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous

Yeah, but sometimes looks trancend the value of weight and performance.

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
clwilcox33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 7th, 06, 12:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous

How much wait to you really think a front spoiler adds? Especially now days when most of them are ABS plastics or carbon fiber. Even back with the 1st gen's the metal front spoiler only added @ 5 pounds at most. Come on this is a street car. I mean it's not like where talking about F1 or CART here where you need to count every ounce. Style counts for something on the street.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

Old Feb 7th, 06, 05:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Thumbs up Re: First gen front end on concept camaro.

Infamous,
When I say I lengthened the rear all I really did was draw the sides back to meet with rear of original. Removing the Cadillac look. That little bit of sheet metal or plastic shouldn't make a difference.

Harley, clwilcox,
I agree.

John,
Thanks!.. Yes, I will.. & I hope GM is.

Old Feb 8th, 06, 06:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Anytime you add length during the development of a vehicle you always...ALWAYS must stretch the architecture as well. It will not be simply adding on carbon fiber peices. The frame will need to stretch too.

The growing trend is to go away from large front and rear overhangs on vehicles. Especially sports cars.

A more logical take on altering the concept model (as I previously stated in another thread) would be to address the wheel openings. The car will not see production with those 20 and 22" wheels on it. Make the wheels smaller and then make the wheel openings follow. You could also snub the front end a bit, effectively cutting down on the "beak" appearance, since that seems to be a major beef with a lot of people.

Also, another area to look at would be the landing area of the belt line at the A-pillar. Specifically the rear view mirror. It's a tight squeeze in there. Something will have to happen in that area to mount a production peice. It's possible you might see that lower corner of the sideglass get eaten up to accomodate one.
Old Feb 10th, 06, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Good Try, but that doesnt look better. Trying to make this car too retro is a mistake GM not let happen. I liked the original concept, just with some modifications to the headlights, rear taillight and front grill. But that picture is not pointing in the right direction... sorry
Lt1burn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in