Firm Maybe! - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Apr 5th, 06, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Firm Maybe!

"I mean, the answer is product, product, product, product, product," says Lutz. "And I'm happy to say that my experiences, that automobile companies always do their best products when they're in dire straits, because all the second guessers get out of the way."

Lutz says the company has turned the corner on reliability, and J.D. Power quality surveys bear him out. Another encouraging sign came at the Detroit Auto Show when Lutz unveiled the new sleek new Camaro concept car, which debuted to unanimous acclaim and was selected as best car in show. It is exactly what GM needs right now — but in its showrooms, not at an auto show.

"We're enthused about it and everybody wants to know, 'So, are you gonna build it?'" says Wagoner.

The answer to that question, Wagoner says, is a firm maybe. "We'd like to do it. … We haven't made the call. We've introduced it as a concept. Sometimes we do that to see how people react to it."

"The best car in the show," Kroft remarked.

"Yeah, well I just got that information," Wagoner says. "I think that does suggest that if we didn't try to build this, we might be brain dead. Stay tuned." Oh yea!
Gonna be 5th gen owner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 6th, 06, 02:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Firm Maybe!

I wonder how far away we are from an official announcement/decision?
angelmav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 6th, 06, 06:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I herd they made some progress in canada to make them I also herd they do not have a platform yet for it. I have been waiting for the yes or no too. I hate to by a mustang but I need a car soon and ya have to admit they did a great job with the 05-06 mustangs. I like the charger too but dont want to buy a forgin car.
blue ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 11th, 06, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

I heard that maybe there would be a decision at the new york auto show later this month. If so I will be ready to order mine!
Gonna be 5th gen owner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 16th, 06, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

GM will likely stick to their previous public statement "It has not yet been approved for production" until it actually is - which will not be until a few months before the first production vehicles are actually built. This is still 2 years away if it is still (as predicted) a 2009/10 program.

To make a committment this early would be unprecedented !!

'68 Camaro Coupe 396/375HP SS
(Cloned Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Real 375 HP Engine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
tjlarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 17th, 06, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I think GM is trying gain the rental car market, cause by the time they make something car rental companies will be the only ones buying a chevy.

I've been a lifetime chevy die hard, I am starting to look at other stuff, the vette is nice but I ain't got 50-75k laying around.

too badd....so sadd

2000 SS camaro daily driver(wifes)

Oncea3Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in