New camaro survey - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Sep 14th, 06, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Thumbs up New camaro survey

Click on this link to take the survey and provide input on the new camaro
http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/s...WEB225MKNAAHDU
jwmcintire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 14th, 06, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: New camaro survey

Now if I can just actually get what I voted for.
smattix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 14th, 06, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Talking Re: New camaro survey

Just filling out this survey got me really pumped up. I felt like I was placing an order for a new camaro!
jwmcintire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 14th, 06, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

hope all of those options will happen would be great if so good bye mustang and challenger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

redfox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 18th, 06, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I took it today, got to the last page and it errored out on me...

http://5thgencamaro.blogspot.com/200...maro-poll.html

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 18th, 06, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

If they redo the frontend and offer some of the ngine packages in the survey I may interested.

Rocketrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 19th, 06, 05:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Unhappy Re: New camaro survey

If you noticed practicly every question they ask, "how much would you pay", GM will over price this car, and sales will not be to their likeing.
RSSS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 19th, 06, 05:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketrod View Post
If they redo the frontend and offer some of the ngine packages in the survey I may interested.
I agree, I'm a life long GM fan, but they missed the boat on this one IMO

Chrysler and Ford designers sure dont have a problem. I'd more likely buy a challenger.
losbasecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 23rd, 06, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox View Post
hope all of those options will happen would be great if so good bye mustang and challenger.
Except that if you got it loaded, it would cost more than a Corvette. I still see the Mustang as a good option, based on the prices for the options they are suggesting for the Camaro. It may be affordable for some people, but anything other than the base model seems like it is going to be veeeery expensive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now you will see that evil will triumph, because good is dumb.
-Dark Helmet

1967 Camaro
1965 Mustang
2007 Mustang
Brackneyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 24th, 06, 06:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

If you analize (sp?) it, hardware-wize, this new camaro is no different then the 4th gen; Roughly the same weight, powerful v-8, same transmissions, solid rear axle. Similar performance numbers.
OK, DoD is new, but they could have put it on the 4th gen--if it was still in production.

And GM thinks by putting that package into a new body (which doesn't look all that great to begin with) they are going to turn sales numbers around?

There are 3 directions in which GM/Chevy must be looking at for this new camaro concept(and it's still only a concept despite what anyone says):
Mark my words
a) No production. Wait.

b) Look to the Porsche Cayenna; There is no reason why the next camaro cannot be a sporty, powerful suv.

c) Look into combining/sharing chassises with the cobalt. I am willing to bet that cobalt SS and cobalt supercharged SS will meet or exceed total Z-28/and or SS/ and or RS sales. The point is, they would sell a lot more if the chassises were combined into one.

GM IS dying. More on this later.
Stewart G. Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 24th, 06, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Tech

what the hell no rsss?
67CAMAROSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 26th, 06, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart G. Griffin View Post
If you analize (sp?) it, hardware-wize, this new camaro is no different then the 4th gen; Roughly the same weight, powerful v-8, same transmissions, solid rear axle. Similar performance numbers.
OK, DoD is new, but they could have put it on the 4th gen--if it was still in production.

And GM thinks by putting that package into a new body (which doesn't look all that great to begin with) they are going to turn sales numbers around?

There are 3 directions in which GM/Chevy must be looking at for this new camaro concept(and it's still only a concept despite what anyone says):
Mark my words
a) No production. Wait.

b) Look to the Porsche Cayenna; There is no reason why the next camaro cannot be a sporty, powerful suv.

c) Look into combining/sharing chassises with the cobalt. I am willing to bet that cobalt SS and cobalt supercharged SS will meet or exceed total Z-28/and or SS/ and or RS sales. The point is, they would sell a lot more if the chassises were combined into one.

GM IS dying. More on this later.
Hardware wise?
Besides the generalities you mentioned, the new Zeta chassis is an all new engineering design from the ground up, unlike the 4th Gen AKA carry over 3rd Gen chassis.

Motor and transmission technology is improved, much more power, etc.

The platform used for the Camaro will be shared with other GM vehicles, have you even read anything about the chassis development and how GM is already using it?

Sounds like you have the answers for GM, get yourself on the board...

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
Old Sep 26th, 06, 09:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
Except that if you got it loaded, it would cost more than a Corvette. I still see the Mustang as a good option, based on the prices for the options they are suggesting for the Camaro. It may be affordable for some people, but anything other than the base model seems like it is going to be veeeery expensive.
I would expect a fully-optioned, Performance tuned Camaro may be more then a base Corvette, just look at the Cadillac V-Series automobiles.

I do not see the base performance level V8 Camaro being more then a Corvette, nor much more than a Mustang GT, GM had better of learned that won't fly with the buying public.

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
Old Sep 26th, 06, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I'm sure gm will price the camaro about the same as the mustang. The 4th. generation was to expensive that was part of the reason it's gone. In 1969 i brought a brand new 427 copo camaro for $4000.00 that was expensive back in 1969 got it anyway.

1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp

redfox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Sep 26th, 06, 12:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

What i meant was, it's still a unibody, RWD car with a powerful v-8 and sopisticated trans'm. (As is/was the GTO which didn't sell too well either)

Nobody cares or knows the differences between the 3rd/4th gen floorpan and the zeta. Although, admittedly the zeta probably rides better and tighter. But still, no-one really cares. For that matter most people who would actually be interested in buying a camaro do not know or care.

As far as the engines and transeses being more advanced. Yes, absolutely. But you could have just bolted them into the 4th gen chassis---if it was still around.

Do you work for GM? Because if so, i've got a heavy tirade coming up. And yes, it is full of answers. Good answers.
Stewart G. Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in