2009 Camaro Convertible - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jan 4th, 07, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

2009 Camaro Convertible

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/...cept-revealed/

Bob
69vert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 4th, 07, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Re: 2009 Camaro Convertible

This is my wifes next car.... only red...

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 4th, 07, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

thats cool! they schould get rid of that motor looks like a vacume! they schould put like an origanal 350 in there!
02 camaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 4th, 07, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Man it looks SWEET!
Old Jan 4th, 07, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

That interior is starting to grow on me...
Don ~ TC Member #15 ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't mess with Texas!
ZZ_430 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 4th, 07, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Team Member

I still don't care for that car
Dougs72Nova is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 5th, 07, 05:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Heres a report from CNN

GM reveals convertible Chevy Camaro
Convertible version of the Chevrolet Camaro debuts. Production version will roll out in 2010.
POSTED: 7:28 p.m. EST, January 4, 2007

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- General Motors released photos of a convertible Chevrolet Camaro concept vehicle Thursday. The car will be unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show on Sunday.

After revealing the hardtop version at the Detroit show last year, GM announced it would produce a new Camaro in 2009. A convertible version will go on sale in 2010.

History is repeating itself with that planned reintroduction.

The Camaro was first unveiled in 1966 in response to Ford's 1964 introduction of the Mustang. Its return was, once again, inspired by the success of the Mustang. This time it was the retro-styled 2005 model-year redesign that reignited passion for the pony car.

Production of the Camaro, and its close relative, the Pontiac Firebird, ended in 2002

"If this Camaro convertible doesn't make your heart beat faster, you should either see your optometrist or your cardiologist, because you have a problem," said Ed Peper, general manager of GM's Chevrolet division, in an announcement accompanying the photos.

The concept is painted in "Hugger Orange" pearl tricoat, an update of a color originally offered in 1969.

The Camaro convertible concept car is powered by a 6.0-liter V-8 engine and has a manual transmission.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/01/04/...ept/index.html
Old Jan 5th, 07, 06:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

I sincerely hope that GM doesn't screw this one up.....
VI009DZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 5th, 07, 08:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougs1969camaro View Post
I still don't care for that car
Nor do I. It seems to me that Chevy missed the boat on the new Camaro. They would have been better off to really make it look like a throwback, or at least resemble the first gen. Ford absolutely nailed us on this one. The Mustang actually looks like an old mustang, hence the success.

It's a shame they had opportunity to do whatever they wanted, and guidance in seeing the Mustang, and still chose not to follow that lead.

The new Camaro is a decent enough looking car, but if they never named the new Mustang...you still would say "that's a Mustang!"...I can't say the same for this new "camaro".

Uncle Tupelo's Free Advice
Always remember, you only get ONE midlife crisis....use it wisely!
Uncle Tupelo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 6th, 07, 06:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

This new "Camaro" should be called something else. It doesn't look like a retro Camaro at all, IMO. What the hell is wrong with the designers at GM????? They should be mimicking the first-gen look as much as possible, like Ford did with the Mustang.

My god, how can the GM folks be so stupid? Just look at the recent Pontiac GTO! That thing was butt-ugly. GM never learns. They see the real success Ford is having. They see the retro look is REALLY in vogue, yet it's almost like they refuse to believe it.................

To GM design staff, I say, quit smoking pot and wake up! The baby boomers (who finally have the money) would buy LOTS of new Camaros if they looked like the old ones. You guys are off your rockers. Camaro sales are headed nowhere but the slow lane, IMO.

I think I'm gonna head over to my Ford dealer and see if I can get one of those awesome-looking Shelby GT 500's. I'll bet they're all sold out.............. ;-) I betcha we won't have that problem with new Camaros, there will be plenty of those left on the lots.

-
Chevy-SS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 6th, 07, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
This new "Camaro" should be called something else. It doesn't look like a retro Camaro at all, IMO. What the hell is wrong with the designers at GM????? They should be mimicking the first-gen look as much as possible, like Ford did with the Mustang.

My god, how can the GM folks be so stupid? Just look at the recent Pontiac GTO! That thing was butt-ugly. GM never learns. They see the real success Ford is having. They see the retro look is REALLY in vogue, yet it's almost like they refuse to believe it.................

To GM design staff, I say, quit smoking pot and wake up! The baby boomers (who finally have the money) would buy LOTS of new Camaros if they looked like the old ones. You guys are off your rockers. Camaro sales are headed nowhere but the slow lane, IMO.

I think I'm gonna head over to my Ford dealer and see if I can get one of those awesome-looking Shelby GT 500's. I'll bet they're all sold out.............. ;-) I betcha we won't have that problem with new Camaros, there will be plenty of those left on the lots.

-

have to agree, ford is A step ahead of gm, I like the shelby much better the the camaro caddy.
IHADA69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 8th, 07, 07:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tech

This car looks great IMO - I've been waiting for the Convertible since the 2006 NAIAS myself.

To those who are still living in 1969 - enjoy the time capsule. This car is a great thing for General Motors, with it and so many other new models coming out, they are on the right track IMO.

Here are some additional images for those who are interested:
http://www.5thgen.org/index.php?page=Convertible

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 8th, 07, 08:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I just don't understand the people that want a '69 remade all over again, weld for weld, bolt for bolt. Just a hint - GOODMARK. Go make your own if you want a new '69 so bad!

I think the new Camaro is on track to be a perfect fit for the muscle car market in late 2008/9. You have to remember what their target demographic is with these cars - it's not you now that you're 60 years old, it's you when you were 25. I think they will sell, and provided they maintain the under 30k price tag and the close to 30mpg highway, they will sell WELL.

Oh and those of you that say it doesn't resemble a camaro are blind - no offense.
Old Jan 8th, 07, 01:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I can't wait for 2009 when we see the sales numbers come in and all these nay-sayers suddenly vanish into the night.

Better find a hiding place.....cause you're going to need one.
Old Jan 8th, 07, 01:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lortsie View Post
I just don't understand the people that want a '69 remade all over again, weld for weld, bolt for bolt. Just a hint - GOODMARK. Go make your own if you want a new '69 so bad!

I think the new Camaro is on track to be a perfect fit for the muscle car market in late 2008/9. You have to remember what their target demographic is with these cars - it's not you now that you're 60 years old, it's you when you were 25. I think they will sell, and provided they maintain the under 30k price tag and the close to 30mpg highway, they will sell WELL.

Oh and those of you that say it doesn't resemble a camaro are blind - no offense.
CORRECT. Yes it is nice looking at the retro 'stangs, but give me something new. I love the 1st and 2nd gen Camaros. The 5TH GEN when you see it in person is just MIND BLOWING. there is some retro to it but enough new that it looks MEAN. Imagine seeing it in your rear view mirror!!
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in