2009 camaro convert - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jan 10th, 07, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

2009 camaro convert

OK, any thoughts on the price one of these might fetch with all goodies attached from day one? Also if GM keeps the 5 year warranty I think it would help my decision to get a new style Camaro. I hope it doesnt go the way of previous cars, bidding wars over the factory price, and then in a couple of years they can be bought for half of that. I really will not buy another GM car without a extended warranty, I love my 2004 Impala SS, but I have had many, many wierd little items go to bad, Broken speedometer, twice, leaky rack and pinion, drivers seat heater died, brake rotors had to be turned twice for pulsing pedal, sunroof switch died, rattle in passenger door, clips missing, driver window slamming shut hard, radio antenna was never properly coupled, and needed fixing, trim over driver door fell off and needed new clips, rear trunk shocks got weak needed replacing, sunroof trim cracked for no reason, bowtie in the grille bled through with water making it look bad, and now the intermediate shaft needs lube. Car has 22,000 miles only, and from what I just described it would seem I treat it like a 69 orange Charger with a 01 on the side. I change oil with synthetic at 2500 miles, and have performed every service the dealer recomends. The dealer I bring it to is a great bunch, a Buick GMC Hummer outfit. Wow, I guess I just succesfully lowered the trade in value, but I have never been so good to a car, and have so many problems. Built in Canada, with Mexican and Chinese components, any connections?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nikkisdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 10th, 07, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Gambitt
Re: 2009 camaro convert

Wow...my 2003 Honda Accord Coupe has 55k miles on it...and I have only had to replace the oxygen sensor so far...and I wasn't happy about that
Gambitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 10th, 07, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Man, thats a lot of things gone wrong on a car that new. I dont know what the price is gonna be on the new Loaded Camaro Vert but it is a beautiful car. Im a big fan..big enough that it sure has me thinking about where i could put it. Garage space is a little tight right now with an Envoy for me, Trail Blazer for the wife, Ram 2500 Pickup (everyone needs a truck right?), the Camaro and the Firebird.

thorpe67RS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 10th, 07, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

looks can say alot of words

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jan 10th, 07, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I figure my good luck with Chevrolets has hit bottom with this car. Hopefully everything is done messing up until the new Camaro vert comes out and I can jump into one of those. I think from the photos, it is growing on me. I even like the hugger orange combo pictured above.

Old Jan 11th, 07, 04:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mike, What did the dealer do to fix the window shutting hard? I have a 2004 Impala with 42K miles and it has this is happening to mine too. I have not had the same problems with mine as yours. Still have the the original brakes and have not been back to the dealer once. One other thing that has recently been happening is a tick in the front end. Steering is tight, but when I go over bumps or chnages in road surface it ticks. Feels like a loose bolt in the suspension. On my list to look at soon.

Back to the subject, I am seriously thinking how I can justify and pay for the convert camaro in 3 years

KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 11th, 07, 04:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I will probably get flamed here, but I bought a new 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis back in 2000. My buddy owns the dealership and I got a super deal. It now has 126k miles on it. I change the oil every 3-4k miles. I have replaced tires, brakes and shocks only. I have yet to tune it up, still has the original plugs. The car has never let me down. I get around 22 mpg and just replaced the original battery last weekend, not that I was having a problem with it, but thought I was pushing it with a 7 year old original battery. This has been the best car I have ever owned as a daily driver.

I plan to buy a new Camaro but doubt it will be a convert, as I have the '67. I'm hoping for the same good luck that I've had with the Merc. It will be time to trade in a year or two and depending on price, I really like the new Camaro.

"The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire"
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 11th, 07, 07:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
Mike, What did the dealer do to fix the window shutting hard? I have a 2004 Impala with 42K miles and it has this is happening to mine too. I have not had the same problems with mine as yours. Still have the the original brakes and have not been back to the dealer once. One other thing that has recently been happening is a tick in the front end. Steering is tight, but when I go over bumps or chnages in road surface it ticks. Feels like a loose bolt in the suspension. On my list to look at soon.

Back to the subject, I am seriously thinking how I can justify and pay for the convert camaro in 3 years
Kevin, I think those windows are just destined to kind of slam shut. They fixed the one, but now it is doing it again. I think the felt around the window could have been thicker. I have compensated by rolling it up most of the way, stopping and then going till it stops. Takes some of the hard slam out. I will say it is a pleasant car to drive, and it is possible the speedo did not like the 138 MPH run on the open Nevada freeway. I brought it up hard and then backed right off. I thought these new cars had a computer cut off after a certain speed, but the car seemed to be capable of alot more. Anyway the speedo apparently did not appreciate the work out. As for your bump in the steering, I will bet it just needs the intermediate shaft lubed. GM has stopped replacing them, because they just need a lube now and again. Very common, and a bit pricey to have done off of warranty. Check your dealer to see if they will do it for you, since it is a defect, and of course you have had it since it was still on warranty and never had a chance to get it in, hint, hint.

Old Jan 11th, 07, 07:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
I will probably get flamed here, but I bought a new 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis back in 2000. My buddy owns the dealership and I got a super deal. It now has 126k miles on it. I change the oil every 3-4k miles. I have replaced tires, brakes and shocks only. I have yet to tune it up, still has the original plugs. The car has never let me down. I get around 22 mpg and just replaced the original battery last weekend, not that I was having a problem with it, but thought I was pushing it with a 7 year old original battery. This has been the best car I have ever owned as a daily driver.

I plan to buy a new Camaro but doubt it will be a convert, as I have the '67. I'm hoping for the same good luck that I've had with the Merc. It will be time to trade in a year or two and depending on price, I really like the new Camaro.
No flame needed here, if a American car performs as well as yours has, more power to it! I love a story of good luck with a home team car, so the Merc should never have to apologize. One thing about foreign built cars, is when they do break, its really gonna cost ya. I still very much like the Impala, I think the lack of use is been its problem. I know I let it sit its first winter without driving it hardly at all, and thats why the brake rotors needed turning, they got rust spots. Seems any time I dont drive the every living s#it out of my cars, they dont work so well.

Old Jan 11th, 07, 07:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Any one have a thought on the price of a 2009 convertable Camaro with all available options? What do Mustangs loaded sell for? Maybe comprible?

Old Jan 11th, 07, 08:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I just went to the Ford website to build my own Mustang.
The GT Premium model:
Fully loaded convert, 5 sp. auto, 300 hp with all options=36.5k
Fully loaded coupe, 5 sp. auto, 300 hp, with all options=33k

"The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire"
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 11th, 07, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tech

GM trucks may be in a different category, but I have a 2004 Colorado with 75,000 miles on it (a pretty decent amount of driving) and I have had no problems with it. I am very happy with the truck, especially with it being one from the first model year. Actually, my VIN has it in the 70k range, so it was a first quarter of the first year of production. Maybe there's hope
Old Jan 11th, 07, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mike, thanks. I did look up the ISS and that is my problem. Other people have had success with PTBlaster, I am going to give it a try. Thanks

KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 11th, 07, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkisdad View Post
Any one have a thought on the price of a 2009 convertable Camaro with all available options? What do Mustangs loaded sell for? Maybe comprible?
...you can pretty much bet it will be priced real close to the Mustang. That is the market they are after, ...and if they want to sell them, ...they will need to be competetive.

I was in Detriot this past weekend, ...and took quite a few shots...

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...sics/GM_Style/

KevinK7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 11th, 07, 07:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

SWEET

Thank You GM~

Now be sure to put some serious horses under that hood~

Like the redesigned windsheild angle, cool hood and interesting interior and wheels. Nice touch with the Redlines...

Please provide the Z, RS & SS packages with various choices for high performance engines and you'll have me "ponying" up the $'s.

68 SS L34 Convertible
68 SS/RS L34 Convertible
69 SS L89 Coupe Vintage Certified
SSjunkie68-69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in