Team Camaro Tech banner

92 Camaro Starting Problems

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Camaro Dave 
#1 ·
I Have A 92 Rs 305 Camaro, That I Just Cant Seem To Get Running. First I Thought It Was The Starter, It Wasnt, When I Put The Starter Back In Place, All The Lights Never Came Back On, Maybe I Installed The Starter Wrong , I Even Bought A New Battery, Same Thing, What Do Youn Think

#3 ·
Does it crank over at all? clicking noise, completely dead? Start with the simple double checks. make sure the battery power feed both to the starter and the pigtail connection are good.

Double check the connections, to the battery and the starter. and make sure they a clean. Make sure the car is in park before trying to start.
make sure the wires to the starter solenoid are on and proper.

TTFN
Mat

#4 ·
Check your connections again. Try taking the power and ground wires off of the starter and reinstall, making sure to place power and ground at there correct places. Also check you're ground area for the battery. Make sure its free of corrosion and has a snug connection. Check the ground at the starter area also. Make sure to hook all of the power wires up at the starter. there is probably more then one. (leading to accessories and so forth.

#5 ·
If you don't have power at all and the battery is good, check your main power feed line that connects to the positive battery cable for a bad connection. Chances are that while you were working on the starter, the wire came loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.