Correct wheel offset for 12" wide rim? - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 11, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Hugh

Correct wheel offset for 12" wide rim?

I am looking at mini tubbing my 68. i am looking at a DSE mini tub with DSE narrowed tank. Can anyone tell me what the correct wheel offset will be? I am looking at taking a 10" wide american racing torque thrust wheel and having them widened two inches. I want to install 18" 345's if possible. Car is an LS3 conversion with 560hp. Any help is much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 11, 05:44 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Re: Correct wheel offset for 12" wide rim?

I was told by DSE and a few others that i talked to that you can BARELY get a 335 tire in the 69 camaro and usually can not put it in a 67 or 68 car.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 11, 05:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

you are looking at a one off build. it maybe measure and have built to fit, or use a look-a-like, that builds in custom sizes??

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 11, 10:24 PM
Brian

The limiting factor on the mini tub for tire width is the location of the leaf spring. As previously stated there is not enough room between the outer fender and the leaf spring with the offset shackles and even offset bushings in the shackles for a 335 tire. If you go with a 4 link you will pick up additional width because your tire is next to a narrow bar (lower control arm) vs. a wider leaf spring. I went with a Chris Alston g bar (after installing dropped leaf springs) for the following reasons. It is easy to install yourself, no wheel hop, easy pinion angle adjustment, as noted you can fit wider tires and you do not need to cut the large channel in the trunk area that supports the shocks for the standard mini tub, variable ride height adjustment and variable spring stiffness adjustment (without changing springs). There is always trade offs. With the g bar, exhaust routing is more difficult. If you go this route and have not bought your gas tank, I suggest you get the one with the front corners cut out to ease exhaust routing. I have 315's on now but have room and will install 335's once the tread is gone.

68z/28, Richmond 5 sp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode