Project Blue Goose - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 11, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonah

Project Blue Goose

I'm not really certain where this topic should go but I think it will be considered pro touring when completed. I am currently restoring a 69 camaro that my dad has owned since 1976. He is the third owner of this car. when he bought the car it was still the original color which was Olympic Gold with a white vinyl top and ivory interior. He painted the car dark blue in the early 80's then a lighter blue around 1986. I grew up watching him race the car at local tracks and when I turned 16 I took over the driving. I bought a dragster about 3 years ago to race and stopped racing the car. What started off as an engine compartment freshen up has now turned into a complete restoration. I am now 24 years old and will graduate from college in three weeks. My dad told me he will sign the title of the car over to me as my graduation present. Progress on the car has been slow but as soon as I graduate I will be putting the project in high gear. I will post some pics of the progress along the way.

Upgrades Include:
New Floor Pans
Both Quarters
Real Tail Pan
DSE Minitubs
Outer Rear Wheel Wells
Both Trunk Extensions
Caltrac split monoleafs
Caltracs
Strange disc brakes all around
TRZ upper and lower control arms
Flaming River Steering
Rear Leaf Spring Sliders
10 point chromoly cage

I'm sure the list will get longer as time goes. I will be building a 421 small block with 9:1 compression and a F1R procharger. I am hoping to have a pump gas street car capable of running in the high 8 second range in the 1/4.

I will posts some pics of the build tonight Im at school right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 11, 05:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Re: Project Blue Goose

Sounds like a good plan. Keep us in the loop, we love to follow along with projects. And welcome to T/C!

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode