Seat Choice - Leg room - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 11, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Rod

Question Seat Choice - Leg room

In planning my 69 conversion to pro-touring I have been look at seats and also trying to find out about the seat track mounting. Any recommendtions on which seat and mounting system works well when you need extra leg room? At 6' 2" I like to stretch out.
Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 11, 09:42 PM
Senior Tech
Terry

Re: Seat Choice - Leg toom

I'm 6'4" slender 195 lbs. Installed 1986 Fiero GT seats in my '68 Camaro and have plenty of leg room. Can even wear a hat while driving. The seats fully recline and sit very low. The seat goes too far back and I have to move it forward to reach the pedals. The front seat frame bolts are a perfect match. Had to weld a 2" x 2" metal plate to each rear corner of the frame to get it to bolt down. No big deal. If you have a big a$$ these seats are too narrow for you. I barely fit snug in them. Go to my User CP album to see a picture of them.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society. The optimist invents the automobile, the pessimist seat belts, head rests, disc brakes, and air bags.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 11, 04:13 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Hey...they look good

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 11, 05:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

This is a good question. I'll be upgrading my seats in the future and am concerned about leg and head room as well.

At just a hair over 6', leg room is probably not an issue, but I don't want my head to hit the roof or my thighs to hit the steering wheel. And at a fairly solid 240lbs, I want the seat to be snug, but I don't want to feel like a sardine.

The ProCar Rally seats look like they belong in the first gen Camaro, but I have heard that the brackets make the seats sit pretty high.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 11, 06:34 AM
Senior Tech
Ben

If u want something thats similar to stock looking you may look at the Scat ProCar 90 series. I was talking with the manufacturer a few months back and they are changing the seat by taking ~1.25" from the bottom foam and you can special order it with colored stitching.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 11, 10:06 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensrat View Post
If u want something thats similar to stock looking you may look at the Scat ProCar 90 series. I was talking with the manufacturer a few months back and they are changing the seat by taking ~1.25" from the bottom foam and you can special order it with colored stitching.
Sorry to hijack here...

I actually like the bolstering on the ProCar Rally's better. I don't think the 90 series will hold me in the seat like I'm looking for. I wonder if they could take a little foam out of the bottom of the Rally's?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 11, 10:56 AM
Senior Tech
Terry

cont
I sat in two 1st Gen Camaros with PROCAR Rally seats. My head hit the roof in both Camaros. Again, I am 6'4". The guy I purchased my '68 Camaro from has another '68 Camaro he has spent well over $100K on. It was used in the soundtrack for the movie "Cars" by Pixel Animation. He has Scheelman leather seats in his '68 which sit very low and go back far enough for a person 6'5".

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society. The optimist invents the automobile, the pessimist seat belts, head rests, disc brakes, and air bags.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 11, 02:16 PM
Senior Tech
Russ

I have the Scat ProCar Rally's in my 68. I'm 5'8" and they give me plenty of fore/aft slideability but they do sit ~1.5-2" taller than the stock seats even using the lowest hole on the mounts. I think for anyone over 6' it would be best to mod the seats using the stock Camaro seat sliders so they sit closer to the floor.

Do a search for my username and ProCar to see details on the seats and brackets.

Russ (RJ)
The Garlic Capital, Gilroy,CA

(sold June 15,2014) 1968 RS convertible that is not quite stock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 11, 05:34 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Take a look at the Elite and Elite Lumbar. They are both lower than the Rally.

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 11, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Rod

Re: Seat Choice - Leg room

Good information. I like the idea of the Fiero seats as I might be able to find some for not much money and then get them covered with nice leather in color that I want. But I will also make sure to look at the Pro Car seats as well. I had figured that I would need to change from the stock seats any way, but it looks like some of you have the experience in what does and doesn't work.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 11, 08:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

https://www.camaros.net/forums/attach...1&d=1296727394

These are in my 69, they came out of a 2002 camaro. I recovered them myself. Plenty of leg room (6') and a slim 260lbs. Much more comfortable than the original seats, plus they recline.

dogs69camaro aka Bill
1969 Camaro Z28 "recreation",350 sb,tko 600, 12 bolt/410, 4 wheel Wilwood disc brakes, and 17" Tourqe Thrust rims.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 11, 08:38 PM
Senior Tech
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDOG View Post
https://www.camaros.net/forums/attach...1&d=1296727394

These are in my 69, they came out of a 2002 camaro. I recovered them myself. Plenty of leg room (6') and a slim 260lbs. Much more comfortable than the original seats, plus they recline.
Your seats sit above the door sills and trans tunnel. RODHFX and I are both over 6'2". I'm 6'4". 2002 seats are too elevated. We won't fit. Very nice looking 2002 seats. The upholstery looks well done. Like the way it matches the rear seats. Top notch for guys under 6 feet.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 11, 01:39 PM
Tech Team

I have a new set of sport bucket seats that come with the tracks that will fit.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 11, 09:18 PM
Dan

Those seats above look like my Arizen's.

I'm 6 foot 5 1/2 and I have plenty of leg and head room.

1969 Coupe
LS76/T56 ATS Chicane LM JRS Torquearm
Racepak IQ3 Forgelines C5 discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
pro-touring, seat, seat tracl. leg room

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode