Updated my '69 - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 11, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Updated my '69

Haven't posted here in a while, but thought I would post some shots of the updates I did to my '69 RS recently. I usually post on Lateral-g and Pro-touring and here is a link to the L-G thread with more details about the updates: http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=29563

List of mods are as follows:
DSE Mini-tubs
Chris Alston G-link rear suspension
New Moser 12-bolt, 33 spline, Tru-Trac with 3.73's 54.5" width
Fikse Classic FM5 wheels 18x12 rears 5.375" BS 18x8.5 fronts - technipolished
Toyo R888 rubber, 335-30-18 rears & 245-40-18 fronts
Gearbox Stage II T56 rebuild
New Spec Stage 3+ clutch
Solid motor mounts
New poly trans mount

Some highlights are we kept the stock width Ricks stainless tank and ran my rear exit tailpipes without notching the tank. I ran into some issues concerning ride height with the G-link as I wanted the rear end to sit low. The shop ended up using a shorter 200lb spring and moved the shocks up a notch.

Driving impressions are good so far, the car rides very nice, much smoother and less bouncy VS the old leafs. The Toyo rubber sticks like glue, I can go WOT in 1st and get no wheelspin (have tried mainly on hot sunny days) so I may need a future power upgrade on my little 346 Heads/Cam LS1.

Anyways, onto some pics:

Before with the leafs, stock tubs and old TTII's

New wheels and rubber:
18 x 12's

18 x 8.5's

With Toyo R888 Rubber.
245-40-18 fronts

335-30-18 Rears

1969 CAMARO RS Pro-Touring, LS1-T56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rybar; Aug 5th, 11 at 04:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 11, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Re: Updated my '69

Tranny parts:

http://www.thegearbox.org/catalog/it...17/7824166.htm

Once the Tranny was pulled apart it ended up needed new 5th, 6th and reverse gears and sychros.

Pics of the Mini-Tub install:

Tubs cut out, G-link and wheels mocked up.

Last edited by Rybar; Aug 5th, 11 at 04:52 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 11, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 11, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 11, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Pics right when it was done in shop:

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 11, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

We were messing with the ride height in these shots:

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 11, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

First decent shots of the car completed, the car in these pics is absolutely filthy.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 11, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Some more recent pictures and that's it. I have a few more mods planned and next major ones are a big cube LS stroker. Possibly a RHS block build in the 450-460 cu in range and a new front subframe either DSE or Speedtech. Also planning to shoot some better pics of the car if I ever find the time :lol:

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 11, 05:21 PM
Senior Tech
Al

Looks beautiful! Emmerson biggens!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 11, 12:41 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Looks awesome. What color red is that? Are the old wheels for sale?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 11, 01:10 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Send a message via AIM to cuz13

Beautiful isn't the word. I would of been afraid to touch it being so nice before.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 11, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Thanks guys, color is a candy red over a silver base. Wheels have already been sold as well as my old rear suspension and OE GM 12bolt. I posted it on here a while ago but people thought my prices were out to lunch and I ended up getting good $$$ selling the stuff locally.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 11, 07:40 PM
BA.
Gold Lifetime Member
Allan

I've always been a fan of your ride, and I love that you went with non-TT rims!

Looks excellent!

69 RS - LS7, T56, Currie, DSE, ATS, Vintage Air, Wilwood
Original floor/trunk. Under construction.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 11, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I know it's not really an update but my buddy just sent me this one today I think it looks pretty good.

Just do not have time outside of work to take some beauty shots with twin 1 year olds at home.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 11, 06:07 PM

That's a gorgeous Camaro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode