Musclerodz newest project 69 Camaro "PT-Blues" - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 12, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Musclerodz newest project 69 Camaro "PT-Blues"

Most here already know this car from the for sale section. It is now in the hands of a local customer and board member Matt. He was last in line to own this gem and had also put the car up for sale after only having it a short time, but decided to keep it and fix it which is we come in.

This Camaro had tons of potential, but fell way short during the assembly process. That and being blue is where I came up with the project name. Anyways, we will document the build and it will probably be 2 fold. Get the car mechanically sound we it can be driven this year, and then approach cosemetics at a later date. It is truly a 20 footer, nice enough paint you won't be ashamed to be seen in it, but if you get to close you start seeing lots of problems with alignments, gaps, bodywork, etc. I will be posting most the pics on facebook, but will post the more relavent ones here for your viewing pleasure.
Here is the short run down on what is coming up for the car already set in stone.

DSE subframe
DSE Quadralink and new Moser 12 bolt
rehooped front wheels and wider tires
LS3 E-ROD
6 speed from American Powertrain
Vintage Air Gen IV
Vintage Air front runner drive
Baer 6P brakes

and one of my favorites

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 12, 05:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage
Re: Musclerodz newest project 69 Camaro "PT-Blues"

Mike, nice project. What are your plans for the interior?

I have seen wiring similar to that nightmare...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 12, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
Mike, nice project. What are your plans for the interior?

I have seen wiring similar to that nightmare...
currently has stock black interior and deluxe door panels. plans are for a pair of Recaros, and a new dash insert to replace the ugly covans piece.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 12, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

After a long hard day, it is in pieces. Lots of laughs today taking this thing apart. I firmly believe some people do not need to own tools. You can see a lot of what we found on our facebook page, loaded another 18 pics few minutes ago. enjoy!

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 12, 04:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

I saw your add for sale parts and was wondering why someone would remove all them parts and sell them. But by looking at your pictures I now see why. Looks like is was just thrown together.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 12, 08:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Looking forward to following this thread.I hope the first guy who put it together isn't on TC but I guess he needs to know what people think so he ups his game.There is a guy on here named Art I told about your parts did he contact you.Good luck with the progress looking forward to it.....

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 12, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Street69Camaro468 View Post
Looking forward to following this thread.I hope the first guy who put it together isn't on TC but I guess he needs to know what people think so he ups his game.There is a guy on here named Art I told about your parts did he contact you.Good luck with the progress looking forward to it.....
thanks, we have been trying to call the owner we think built or had the car built which is 2 owners prior to current and won't answer his phone. Car originally showed up on PT.com back March of last year. i have posted the build there too. The car was truly unsafe and should have never been represented in the manor it was plain and simple. Current owner got a fair enough deal he is not hurt, but didn't get a smoking deal either.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 12, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet69camaro View Post
I saw your add for sale parts and was wondering why someone would remove all them parts and sell them. But by looking at your pictures I now see why. Looks like is was just thrown together.
Yep, just easier to start clean with this one.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 12, 03:35 PM
Senior Tech
Dee

Any update on this one?

1967 RS/SS350 Camaro (mostly stock)
1969 RS/SS Camaro (being improved!)
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 12, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

DSE suspension and Baer brakes have arrived. Waiting on LS3 and 6 speed to show hopefully next week. Having to redo the minitubs now as they were installed incorrectly and the frame is cracked because of it. Cut the dash out Saturday in preperations for a Marquez dash we are ordering on Monday. We are finsihing a 55 Cameo this week before we can move onto the metal work on the Camaro. I will have more pics soon.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 12, 10:22 PM
Fred

Got any photos of the damage to the frame from the incorrect mini-tub install? Where did the frame fail? I checked out the facebook page photos and didn't see the frame damage. Looks like it had a 4-link. Which set up was that? And I love those mods to get the air bags to work.

Finish was something to be desired, to say the least!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclerodz View Post
DSE suspension and Baer brakes have arrived. Waiting on LS3 and 6 speed to show hopefully next week. Having to redo the minitubs now as they were installed incorrectly and the frame is cracked because of it. Cut the dash out Saturday in preperations for a Marquez dash we are ordering on Monday. We are finsihing a 55 Cameo this week before we can move onto the metal work on the Camaro. I will have more pics soon.

Fred - Scotts Valley, CA
DETONATOR - 1969 Camaro
Hugger Orange / Black - Pro Touring
LS1 - T56 - 4.20 Rear - 2" Drop - Mini Tubs
Chassisworks g-Machine Frame and g-Link/4-link
Coming Soon - in 2013
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 12, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETONATOR69 View Post
Got any photos of the damage to the frame from the incorrect mini-tub install? Where did the frame fail? I checked out the facebook page photos and didn't see the frame damage. Looks like it had a 4-link. Which set up was that? And I love those mods to get the air bags to work.

Finish was something to be desired, to say the least!!
frame failed right at the notch in the back due to the welds being ground to far and too thin of plate material used. I have not posted the frame damage yet. It had a Ridetech Airbar half a$$ welded in, and was designed to be bolted in. There are several known examples of frame rail cracks even when the frame is properly notched due to them being welded instead of bolted.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 12, 08:29 AM
Senior Tech

great, guess how mine is in?

67 With a few things bolted to it
98 Z28 That needs love
12 SS With a few things bolted to it
50 Chevy With a few things unbolted from it
RJ USAF
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 12, 05:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQik View Post
Ummmm? Too funny! Not really. I guess it's easier to just weld than run to the hardware store and buy some nuts and bolts. My shifter linkage was welded to the side cover plate!

Looking forward to this build. I just wish I had the money to follow in the same path!

68 Camaro SS... getting there!!
"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."
If I can only convince myself of this!

My slooow build thread
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 12, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQik View Post
The cars I know of with cracks were auto crossed hard. Should be fine for street use, just keep an eye on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode