Some Pics of my 67 - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 12, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Edward

Some Pics of my 67

Took a few pics of my 67 . So here you go . Still undecided on the 20's in the rear?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 12, 12:22 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

Re: Some Pics of my 67

Looks good! Although, IMHO, I could do without the 20's. Are the fronts 18's?

Mike

An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind. JCM
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 12, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
Looks good! Although, IMHO, I could do without the 20's. Are the fronts 18's?
yes sir ! Actually the more i look at them, the more i dig them.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 12, 03:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

What size wheel/tire are running in the rear (you said they were 20's). Might have some rubbing issues with the quarter. Have you rolled the lip?

Chris
1968 Camaro SS coupe, Lemans Blue/medium blue interior
LS3/T56 Ridetech Suspension
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 12, 09:17 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Love the look of the 67 but I really don't think the 20's do it justice. I think it would look better with a little less wheel and little more tire. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy with 15 inch wheels on his 67 though....

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 12, 09:35 PM
Senior Tech
alex

ED please dont takke offence at this but i agree with Joe . I love the car but the wheels got to go .Those cars are old school and should have the kind of tires and wheels that fit the period . I have said this time and again check my posts on this subject .Alex
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 12, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
What size wheel/tire are running in the rear (you said they were 20's). Might have some rubbing issues with the quarter. Have you rolled the lip?
255/35/20 in the rear . I should of went with 275's in the rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harrison View Post
Love the look of the 67 but I really don't think the 20's do it justice. I think it would look better with a little less wheel and little more tire. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy with 15 inch wheels on his 67 though....
. Thanks .I appreciate the feedback .. I do agree I wish it had more tire in the rear

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27 View Post
ED please dont takke offence at this but i agree with Joe . I love the car but the wheels got to go .Those cars are old school and should have the kind of tires and wheels that fit the period . I have said this time and again check my posts on this subject .Alex
Thanks Alex for the feed back . You sound like my brother . I have it stored at his house and keeps telling to get my "pimp my ride " camaro out of here .. Ha ha ha .. I love the pro touring look .. I'm keep them on for a bit to see if they grow on me.. If not I can always swap them out
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 12, 10:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Peter

Ed, I will be one of the minority and say the wheel combo looks tuff, and overall awesome car. You want the pro touring look, you have got it there
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 12, 04:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

I don't mind the 20's in the rear, but think they go better with 19's up front.

Or if you have 18's up front, then 19's in the rear. The 2" difference is a bit too much in my opinion, but it's a good looking car either way.

If it were me, I'd keep the current setup if you like the wheel style (which I do), and only change sizes if you were also going to change to a different style wheel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 12, 01:40 PM
Senior Tech
LS pwr

Ed,

18" all around will give the car a better stance... I was going to go the staggered look (like you)... It took alot of convincing on the part of my builder to go the 18"-only route, but I think it worked out perfectly

here's a vid of the car driving around... gives you an idea of what it looks like on the 18's

TC

Uncle Sam Pilot

1968 Lemans Blue SS 'vert
LS2/4L70E
Link to my build site

Last edited by DjD; Jul 23rd, 12 at 11:07 AM.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 12, 09:50 PM
Senior Tech
alex

ED i like your brother already and i don't even know the man i just know he is old school. Next time you see him tell him i will buy him a beer any time and you also but i still don't like the wheels . LOVE THE CAR ALEX
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZZ View Post
Ed, I will be one of the minority and say the wheel combo looks tuff, and overall awesome car. You want the pro touring look, you have got it there
Thanks bud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango68SS View Post
Ed,

18" all around will give the car a better stance... I was going to go the staggered look (like you)... It took alot of convincing on the part of my builder to go the 18"-only route, but I think it worked out perfectly
First off, Love the car!!! its a beauty. If i do get another set of wheels. i will consider it. 18's look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27 View Post
ED i like your brother already and i don't even know the man i just know he is old school. Next time you see him tell him i will buy him a beer any time and you also but i still don't like the wheels . LOVE THE CAR ALEX
Yeah he's old school. He likes to keep simple and fast . Im in my 20s and i just love the pro touring look

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
I don't mind the 20's in the rear, but think they go better with 19's up front.

Or if you have 18's up front, then 19's in the rear. The 2" difference is a bit too much in my opinion, but it's a good looking car either way.

If it were me, I'd keep the current setup if you like the wheel style (which I do), and only change sizes if you were also going to change to a different style wheel.
Thanks You
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 12, 08:15 PM
Senior Tech
Bobby

I like it, maybe an inch lower in the front for absolute perfection.

The first time I've seen RS tail and standard front grill on the same car, it's usually the other way around. Car looks awesome.

67 Camaro 350
M20 4spd console,
8.5, 30 spline Eaton posi 373
Cowl Plenum
Custom 180 Headers

black/black
no radio
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 12, 12:21 PM
Senior Tech
harvey

very nice but i'am old school i like 15 inch wheels on muscle cars but that 's just me ur camaro look great B.T.W.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 12, 08:07 PM
Senior Tech
TJ

nice looking car, but it really doesn't fit the Pro-touring description

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode