Any experiences with Mabbco Motors? - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 13, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy

Any experiences with Mabbco Motors?

I'm considering purchasing a short block 6.0 Vortec and looking at this compzny - Mabbco Motors.

Thier 6.0 Vortec seems like a good base to build off. Anybody have any experiences with this company? Thanks in advance.

http://www.mabbcomotors.com/index.htm

1969 Cheverolet Camaro - Pro Touring
2018 Dodge Challenger R/T ScatPack 392 Shaker Hood Hemi
2016 BMW R1200rs
1976 Honda CB550 - I restored
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 13, 11:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage
Re: Any experiences with Mabbco Motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_randyb View Post
I'm considering purchasing a short block 6.0 Vortec and looking at this compzny - Mabbco Motors.

Thier 6.0 Vortec seems like a good base to build off. Anybody have any experiences with this company? Thanks in advance.

http://www.mabbcomotors.com/index.htm
I looked at them when researching a 350 long block (before going the LS route). I think I found them on eBay originally. I found both positive and negative reviews for them, but nothing outstanding.

In the end, I went with an LS dropout from a place that specializes in them near me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 13, 11:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

I just did a quick google found these negatives...

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9489
http://terriblebusines.blogspot.com/
http://www.bbb.org/east-texas/busine...er-tx-10004372

You may want to pass on them. Strange since they have 100% positive eBay feedback.

However they also operate under the name: Higginbotham Engine Service

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 13, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy

Thanks guys!!!

2016 BMW R1200rs
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 13, 12:13 PM
Senior Tech
Bob

I got an LS pullout as well. I can't get Mabbco's website to pull up, but unless you're planning on going really extreme with your build, a junkyard/pullout motor will be fine.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 13, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy

Thanks guys!

I'm just starting budget research.
1st build so pretty green on the details still. Starting with a solid shortblock however sounds like a good place to start but I agree I need to keep looking.

2016 BMW R1200rs
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 13, 05:35 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_randyb View Post
Thanks guys!

I'm just starting budget research.
1st build so pretty green on the details still. Starting with a solid shortblock however sounds like a good place to start but I agree I need to keep looking.
I will say that I should have just bought a short block, regardless of whether it was new or a junkyard engine. I ended up stripping down to a short block, swapping cam, heads, intake, replaced all sensors, new wiring harness, new alt, new starter, new PS pump, new water pump...

My advice is figure out what you want before you pull the trigger on anything. Oh, and double your budget.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 13, 08:01 PM
Guess

Cool Re: Any experiences with Mabbco Motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
My advice is figure out what you want before you pull the trigger on anything. Oh, and double your budget.
You ain't just whistlin' Dixie!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 13, 10:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Sedric

Hello guys. I live about 45 mins from mabbco engines in Tyler tx. I have some personal exp. with them I have pick up and installed several of there engines from v6 to v8, about 6 engines I think. No problems with any of them. I have toured there shop and they do good work. You can even upgrade parts i your engine, pistons, crank etc. my friend just had a reverse rotation ford 351 engine from them rebuilt and he installed it and been on the lake now for a few months with mo problems. I and several people I know have all had great experiences with them. I haven't heard anything bad and there engines are sold at the local part stores also. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for a short or long block.

Sedric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode