cruise control for ls swap - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 20th, 14, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeff

cruise control for ls swap

I'm still in the planning stages of an LS/T56 swap into my 69. Leaning towards GMP crate Hot LS3 with engine controller and harness. Will the ECM and wire harness support cruise control? If not, what would it take to add CC to it? Thanks.

And this too shall pass.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 X11 SS, Glacier Blue, LS3 480, T56 Mag, Lots of stuff done to it, all by yours truly
Build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 20th, 14, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeff

Re: cruise control for ls swap

Not sure I posted in the right place. Anybody?

And this too shall pass.

69 X11 SS, Glacier Blue, LS3 480, T56 Mag, Lots of stuff done to it, all by yours truly
Build thread:

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 20th, 14, 08:03 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

Jeff,

I spent some time over on LS1Tech looking for an answer. Apparently you need to have a harness and flash that will support it. From all my paperwork with my GMPP harness and computer I don't see any CC provisions.

I would suggest calling a company like PSI and see if they can supply you with a harness and computer with CC. From there it's just getting the right switches and sensor input to make it all work.

Not sure that is of any help. I would post on PT.com or LS1Tech, you'll get more responses over on those forums.

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
2 x 1967 R/Tís
1977 Power Wagon
1978 Liíl Red Express

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 21st, 14, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeff

Thanks Garth,

I was afraid it wasn't going to be that simple since I wasn't finding much info on it.

Checked out PSI website, looks like I could get a harness and ECM with CC from them for the same or less than GMPPs. Would there be any advantages or disadvantages going with them over GMPP? What about the tune?

Your build is coming along nicely, very helpful.

And this too shall pass.

Build thread:

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 21st, 14, 05:10 AM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

From what I understand, you will need to deal with 'tuning' afterwards with the PSI or another computer besides GMPP. I was told the PSI computer would get me running but then I would still have to find a tuner and get it dialed in. I chose the GMPP parts so I didn't have to deal with that.

Realistically, if you tell PSI what crate motor your buying I can't image they don't have a tune for it that's right on. GM is selling a ton of these engines and if you leave it alone they should have pirated GM's tune by now.

I spoke to the guy a PSI a few times, he's very helpful and knows his stuff. Best bet would be to call.

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
2 x 1967 R/Tís
1977 Power Wagon
1978 Liíl Red Express
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 21st, 14, 06:06 PM
Jason

Spankys Rod shop does a cruise control that should work with the GMPP harness.

http://spankysrodshop.net/index.php?...ories&Itemid=7
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 14, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 View Post
From what I understand, you will need to deal with 'tuning' afterwards with the PSI or another computer besides GMPP. I was told the PSI computer would get me running but then I would still have to find a tuner and get it dialed in. I chose the GMPP parts so I didn't have to deal with that.

Realistically, if you tell PSI what crate motor your buying I can't image they don't have a tune for it that's right on. GM is selling a ton of these engines and if you leave it alone they should have pirated GM's tune by now.

I spoke to the guy a PSI a few times, he's very helpful and knows his stuff. Best bet would be to call.
Interesting, I'll look into it. Thanks

And this too shall pass.

Build thread:

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 14, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steery View Post
Spankys Rod shop does a cruise control that should work with the GMPP harness.

http://spankysrodshop.net/index.php?...ories&Itemid=7

I saw that, I'll have to give them a call. Thanks

And this too shall pass.

Build thread:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 14, 06:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
robert

Dakota Digital has a cruise control not sure if it is a good fit for your car

1967 2L ,1967 convertible, 1969 Z28 RS,1969 Pace Car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode