Introducing Marvins Menace - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

Introducing Marvins Menace

Here are a couple of shots of my 69 that I've owned for 33 years (after selling a 67 r/s vert when younger). I was the oldest kid out of 3 and my Dads name was Marvin, I built this car in honor of him and all he has taught me (plus he left left some $ behind after he passed bless his soul, which is the only reason for this car ), plus I should of had this car in High School
hear it goes
496 forged solid roller needs a vac pump for the power brakes 650 hp on the crank 7000 rpm red line pro 1 heads and allegedly able to take 150 shot all day long(which I have for it, and it's plumbed).
TVS Hotchkis kit with a rear sway bar and 3" tail pipes ...(that's what f 'ed up my shoulder, I had em off 7 x)
flush glass
Dakota digital AFX dash (blue)
dse head lights with bulb up grade (blue)
de chrome
disc brakes all corners 4 piston front 12" all around
Jason Rushforth wheels (awesome person to deal with)
big thumping stereo
brake bias control thru the driver floor
built T-56 hybrid (I actually has a hate to say it ....mustang tail housing)
3:73 12 bolt
alum drive shaft
and it goes on and on, it literally cost 2 shoulders because I wrecked em putting this together in a claustrophobic garage, I'm 55 .
I don't think this is a pro tour car (no air) but there is no resto mod section here.
Still a werk in progress Headliner and some other minor crap.
I goes faster than anything I've been in(65 mph in 6th gear is 1100-1200 rpm, I feel it will do a duce but the quick steering box makes it a handful at speed). I've had a lot of bikes and v-8 vegas and G/N's in the past. Was filling it up to day and had 2 people take picts. ...made me feel good and also feel like sharing with all of you (this place is a vast wealth of info. which has helped my the past 2 years).
these picts. are from a phone , I have better ones coming when I say it's done (my wife is a photographer). This is not a show car it's a go car.
Cheers Bob

yes that is not the brake booster I used, it and a Hotchkis vert frame connect kit are soon to be posted for sale here (Pm me).
current work - cowl induction seal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

Re: Introducing Marvins Menace

one more

oh yea
incorporated slidealinks with Hotchkis it needs em. And everything works Wind shield washer reservoir is original .
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

Here is the current config. and some challenges. There is a z-bar in there some where...

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 03:27 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonathon

Very cool ride!!looks like it is a screamer. Jason is second to none in the wheel business. And as a person as well to deal with. Again great looking car keep the pics coming in!

68 Resto-Mod in progress..355sbc .350 Trans Rushforth wheels
My Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

Thanks and I will . The Hotchkis sway bar was a MF'er I actually had reweld the supports on a angle.
I think it shines from underneath just as well....am I a gold member yet
I really like your project as well single stripe very nice !
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 05:29 PM
Senior Tech
Brad

Gorgeous car!!!
What color blue is that?
Are those the Summit Racing seats?

68 Camaro, HOT LS3, tremec 6 speed, vintage air, 17 inch tourque thrust II, CPP discs, 3.73 posi, Autometer gauges, painless harness
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 05:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Great lookin' car!

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

Cypher auto on the seats(I hated that they weren't made here) do a quick ebay search. They fit and are made very well for the money. I mounted them on a 3/8 aluminum plate mounted to the original bolt holes gaining a 1" or so of head room, and more leg room.
On the paint -Nissan 350 z blue 2005.
This car was a 230 cubic inch 6 with a 3 on the tree so I felt no guilt molesting it, the only body mod is frame connector's , some extra holes, and rolled 1/4 panel lips. It should have a cage though, I wouldn't put slicks on it without fear of a cracked windshield or worse.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 06:09 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Nice looking Camaro Very clean

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 06:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Garage

Very Nice! Love the color with those wheels

69 X-44 Camaro, slowly upgrading to my liking...Hmmm, i guess i'll never be done

2002 Camaro LE SS...Many upgrades
1969 Step Side LWB C10
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 14, 06:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzebob View Post
I don't think this is a pro tour car (no air) but there is no resto mod section here.
Pro-touring seems to be defined as either having air condition or having a car with a project name. Since your car has a name, your welcome here.

Great looking car, looks like a nice build. I built mine in a tiny cramped garage as well, so I feel your pain.

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 14, 07:43 AM
Senior Tech
Ty

Looks awesome. Great wheel and tire selection and nice stance.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 14, 12:15 PM
Senior Tech
LS pwr

Bob,

Read the forum Thread header..."Today's performance with classic style"... this car DEFINITELY belongs here, as do you! Welcome fellow "50-something"

TC

TC

Uncle Sam Pilot

1968 Lemans Blue SS 'vert
LS2/4L70E
Link to my build site

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 14, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango68SS View Post
Bob,

Read the forum Thread header..."Today's performance with classic style"... this car DEFINITELY belongs here, as do you! Welcome fellow "50-something"

TC
Thanks
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 14, 02:24 PM
Senior Tech
chris

Very Nice!
It looks like you blacked out the chrome trim and door handles.
I had planned on doing that to my trim also but wasn't sure what would stick to the chrome. especially on the door handles because of the thumb push buttons that scrape against the hole they move in.
ChrisP

'69Maro...LS1,4L60e, paint's done 4/10 ... now for brakes , suspension,steering,rear axle,...the cheap stuff
hahahahaha i crack myself up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode