CPP Pro Touring Kit - Team Camaro Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 30th, 15, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Todd

CPP Pro Touring Kit

I have a 69 Camaro Coupe and am considering this kit from Classic Performance Products http://www.classicperform.com/Store/...ts/67PTK-4.htm

I was wondering if anyone has this kit and how the kit fits and if there is really a big difference in performance vs stock..I would like the adjustability of the Qa1 Coil Overs...

I was also considering this tire and wheel kit from ebay .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-inch-Stag...5c2ea5&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with these wheels/tires as far a s fitment and quality..

Most of the negative reviews I have seen of CPP is wrong parts, shipping errors, etc., but I only live 20 minutes from them so returns are not an issue..
I know that there a lot better parts available, but I am on a somewhat limited budget...

Any input would be appreciated..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 31st, 15, 03:18 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Re: CPP Pro Touring Kit

Hard to beat all that for the $$$ Todd, I would definitely grab a 12.7:1 quick ratio steering box, but I seem to recall a serious issue with the one from CPP so maybe I'd look somewhere else for that.

Cheers
Steve

Steve
69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-FORCE LS7, DSE Sub, T56 MAG, Recaro, Wilwood disc, Racepak IQ3S, SpeedTech TA/JRI CO's, Pro-Venom 250s, Forgeline CV3C 20/19 - SOLD
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 31st, 15, 06:55 AM
Team Member
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarotoddd View Post
I have a 69 Camaro Coupe and am considering this kit from Classic Performance Products http://www.classicperform.com/Store/...ts/67PTK-4.htm

I was wondering if anyone has this kit and how the kit fits and if there is really a big difference in performance vs stock..I would like the adjustability of the Qa1 Coil Overs...

I was also considering this tire and wheel kit from ebay .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-inch-Stag...5c2ea5&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with these wheels/tires as far a s fitment and quality..

Most of the negative reviews I have seen of CPP is wrong parts, shipping errors, etc., but I only live 20 minutes from them so returns are not an issue..
I know that there a lot better parts available, but I am on a somewhat limited budget...

Any input would be appreciated..
Todd I have had the cpp kit in my car for a few years. Made the car handle like a go cart compared to stock. Fit and finish was great. If you are going to get this kit, add sub frame connectors. Made it that much better. Set the shocks at 10 clicks and haven't touched them since. Besides the new motor, best money spent on the car!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 31st, 15, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Todd

I was looking at converting to an IROC steering box.... I have read bad things about the CPP boxes..

Would the 275/35/18 tires with 5" Backspace fit on the rear with no mods?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 15, 02:33 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Todd, a 5.5 BS is the perfect offset for a 275 tire, and you want a 275/40/18 btw ...if you run a 19" then move to a 35

Cheers
Steve

Steve
69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-FORCE LS7, DSE Sub, T56 MAG, Recaro, Wilwood disc, Racepak IQ3S, SpeedTech TA/JRI CO's, Pro-Venom 250s, Forgeline CV3C 20/19 - SOLD
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 15, 05:19 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheck44 View Post
Todd, a 5.5 BS is the perfect offset for a 275 tire, and you want a 275/40/18 btw ...if you run a 19" then move to a 35

Cheers
Steve
5.5" of BS would be perfect for a 275 on a 9.5" wheel, if you go with a 275 on a 9" wheel (like the ones the OP posted the link to) then 5.25" of BS would be perfect. Maybe a better way to to look at it is in terms of offset (+ 6 mm) which would be the same for either width wheel.

And this too shall pass.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 X11 SS, Glacier Blue, LS3 480, T56 Mag, Lots of stuff done to it, all by yours truly
Build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 15, 03:11 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Possibly Jeff, but Jason owner of Rushforth recommended that 5.5 BS on my 9" wheels, I think if the wheels where inset 1/2" more they would rub the outside fenders ... mine do not rub the outside at all but I do have a Speeedtech rear end so I can position the rear dead nuts center allowing a perfect gap on either side.

Also here is the original order for my Amarican Racing VN425's ... fit perfect on stock rear suspension
2 WP 18x8 VN425 5x4.75bp 4.50"bs 313.00 626.00T
2 WP 18x9 VN425 5x4.75bp 5.50bs 322.00 644.00T
SH SHIPPING / HANDLING 100.00 100.00

The only thing I did change on the Rushforth were the offsets for the fronts, went to 5" BS

Cheers
Steve

Steve
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 15, 05:11 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Thats good to know and I'm not surprised because we are only talking about 1/4" difference. By the way BS is measured from the back of the wheel so the more backspacing the further into the car the wheel will go. So 5.5 BS would move the tire further away from the fender lip than the same wheel with 5.25 or 5.0 BS would. I've got 275 on 9.5 with 5.5 BS (+6 OS) with no rubbing inside or out.

Love your car BTW, I am in the process of an LS3 480/ T56 mag swap myself. Still accumulating parts and getting my workspace in order, hope to start the actual work in a few weeks. Can't wait.

Sorry to the OP for the detour, that CPP stuff sure seems like a lot of bang for the buck. Guess it would depend on if you are actually gonna race the car or not and how important having big brand names are to you. Probably work just as well as the name brands for street use (maybe even occassional track use) as any of the high dollar stuff. Just my 2 cents.

And this too shall pass.

69 X11 SS, Glacier Blue, LS3 480, T56 Mag, Lots of stuff done to it, all by yours truly
Build thread:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 15, 11:21 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

My point exactly Jeff ... Todd, if you do not want to spend a ton of $$ but want a dramatic increase in handling performance this is certainly the way to go

And ya, offsets confuse the sh%^^%! out of me .. lol

and Jeff, hope to see a build thread

Cheers
Steve

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode