Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage
67-68 Fesler tail lights with smoke lenses

Anyone have them? Was thinking about ordering them for my car for its next year unveiling. It does have QQ plates and I know that gives you SOME leniency towards getting that ticket, but not sure if this is pushing it too far. For those not familiar, the tail light appears black but in reality is a dark red that lights up red when lit. Thoughts?
1967 Chevy Camaro Billet TailLights - Fesler Built

click on the see 7 more pics and it is shown to the right unlit and lit.

'68 Camaro with RS conversion
Moser 9" with 4:11
Martz Chassis 4-link and Front Sub-frame
Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed
572 BB - CM Engines
Wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear disc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 04:24 AM
John

Garage
Re: 67-68 Fesler tail lights with smoke lenses

They look nice. I would also look at Marquez and EMS.

Whoever you buy from make sure they have them ready to ship. Fesler has a bad habit of selling stuff and taking a long time to deliver.

EMS sold by Jegs and others are usually in stock.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 04:27 AM
Team Member
Don

X2. If they are not in stock do not order them....

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 05:22 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonathon

Have to agree with John and Don on this Greg. I do like the Marquez 3D lights a little better than the Fesler ones.
68 Camaro Rally Sport 3-D Taillights

68 Resto-Mod in progress..355sbc .350 Trans Rushforth wheels
My Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 06:32 AM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

Be careful, locally here they love to issue summonses for tinted taillights. Also in NY state, you can't even get an inspection sticker now if your tint is too dark on the windows. The inspection now includes a window tint meter placed on the window. Just sayin.

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 (Sold)
1969 Convertible LS3 TKO 600, 373
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 07:55 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Garage

My Felser's.
No problem with being in stock or shipping with any of my Fesler stuff (and I have quite bit). Marquez was 8 weeks out on stuff I tried to order.
The only issue we had was they are built flat and your tail piece has a slight roundness. We ground them a bit to fit right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3300.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	201754  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 09:16 AM
Team Member
Ray

Garage

No inspection for QQ plates here in New Jersey.

From my experience, most cops around here have bikes or hot rod trucks. If they stop you it's because they want to know were you got the tailights. Lol.

From the looks of all links posted, I don't see a problem if they light up bright. Probs LED and should be brighter than originals.

'68 rs/SS 350 M-21 posi
numbers matching
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 18, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
They look nice. I would also look at Marquez and EMS.

Whoever you buy from make sure they have them ready to ship. Fesler has a bad habit of selling stuff and taking a long time to deliver.

EMS sold by Jegs and others are usually in stock.
I did see both of those as well thank you. What I don't like about the EMS is that wide strip through the center of the tail lights. The Marquez and Fesler have more of an original look which I love. I just liked the look of the added smoked lens offered by Fesler. None of the Fesler stuff on my car was in stock and I never had any issues in the past with stuff showing up 2-3 weeks later as they said. And Since my car just left for upholstery, I have a good 2 months before I get my car back and probably another 2 months before the salt is off the road - I would think that should cover me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT View Post
Be careful, locally here they love to issue summonses for tinted taillights. Also in NY state, you can't even get an inspection sticker now if your tint is too dark on the windows. The inspection now includes a window tint meter placed on the window. Just sayin.
We don't have to inspect QQ vehicles here in NJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger67 View Post
My Felser's.
No problem with being in stock or shipping with any of my Fesler stuff (and I have quite bit). Marquez was 8 weeks out on stuff I tried to order.
The only issue we had was they are built flat and your tail piece has a slight roundness. We ground them a bit to fit right.
Looks awesome bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwiz View Post
No inspection for QQ plates here in New Jersey.

From my experience, most cops around here have bikes or hot rod trucks. If they stop you it's because they want to know were you got the tailights. Lol.

From the looks of all links posted, I don't see a problem if they light up bright. Probs LED and should be brighter than originals.
Ha I can deal with that lol. I know it not the State Troopers that would have the issues - they are generally pretty cool - it would be the local townies that have nothing better to do.
DT likes this.

572 BB - CM Engines
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 18, 04:44 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

$700 is beyond my thinking for not much difference to a new set of originals with the lens tinted with a tint kit, but then I have been some what of a cheap skate, just an old guy thinking and being a businessman I look at the ROI. . . . go for it if you like it!!!!
pittpens24 likes this.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 18, 05:28 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

Marquez is not a good outfit to deal with, I ordered from them three different items at three different times, very unresponsive , emails to them are a waste of time. Very happy with my Fesler taillights.
pittpens24 likes this.

67 RS/SS 350, M21, 3:70 POSI, Hooker side mount headers, blue dot tail lights. owner since 1974.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 18, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Fesler has a bad habit of selling stuff and taking a long time to deliver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
X2. If they are not in stock do not order them....

Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty68 View Post
Have to agree with John and Don on this Greg.
Just posting this up here as Fesler said they were supposed to ship 2 weeks ago - I was told they shipped last week and when I didn't receive them and questioned a tracking number by leaving a message on their machine, just received an email that expected ship date is 2/19. I am in no rush and can wait - just letting others know my experience with them on this one item. Others items from them I had no issue with.......
Smitty68 likes this.

572 BB - CM Engines
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 18, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

Finally showed up. I was excited to see the Fesler box and couldn't wait to open it. I was expecting them to be like my bumpers when they arrived back from Paul's Chrome - gleaming jewels of perfection! However, I was a bit taken back by the unveiling. The craftsmanship and quality of the cnc machine work and the lenses were gorgeous. The polishing on the other hand not so great. They were packaged well in that press to fit foam, but there were small scratches and residue marks all over the aluminum. With a little Mother's polish and elbow grease they polished up flawless and the minor surface scratches came out as well. For the money, I expected them to come out of the packaging looking like jewels especially since it took soo long to get them. They are behind and rushing to get things out and the QC is suffering. Bitching aside - they will be the perfect addition to the car once I get it back from the upholstery shop so I can bolt 'em in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180227_181513.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	206818  
Smitty68 likes this.

572 BB - CM Engines
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 18, 04:14 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
Finally showed up. I was excited to see the Fesler box and couldn't wait to open it. I was expecting them to be like my bumpers when they arrived back from Paul's Chrome - gleaming jewels of perfection! However, I was a bit taken back by the unveiling. The craftsmanship and quality of the cnc machine work and the lenses were gorgeous. The polishing on the other hand not so great. They were packaged well in that press to fit foam, but there were small scratches and residue marks all over the aluminum. With a little Mother's polish and elbow grease they polished up flawless and the minor surface scratches came out as well. For the money, I expected them to come out of the packaging looking like jewels especially since it took soo long to get them. They are behind and rushing to get things out and the QC is suffering. Bitching aside - they will be the perfect addition to the car once I get it back from the upholstery shop so I can bolt 'em in.
I learned a while back Greg expect stuff not to fit well and or needs adjustment or cleaning. All in a nut shell it wouldnít be as fun if the products we get for these cars were perfect. I think they will look awesome and Iím glad your satisfied man. Thatís a lot of money to give only to have to spend time making it look the way it should have in the first place.
Pics will be in high demand upon installation! lol

68 Resto-Mod in progress..355sbc .350 Trans Rushforth wheels
My Build:
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 18, 05:11 AM
Senior Tech
James

Quote:
What does the back side of these look like?

Is there any lamp housing or do you have to use your original with 1157's? LED's?
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 18, 07:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Garage

Quote:
Don't forget, you'll have a little fitting to do too. In the end they'll look awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode