Team Camaro Tech banner

1970 RS SS 396 in Cortez Silver, Classic Copper, or Camaro Gold.

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  saantomoh 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a 1970 RS SS 396 for a little while. I've been doing a lot of studying on NastyZ28 about it. I know they are very rare. I've been searching on Ebay and the Internet with little success. There are A LOT of scams out there. But I thought I'd ask here if anyone knew of one for sale. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty soooo it doesn't have to be perfect. Just as long as it's all there. I'm tired of people advertising: 1970 RS SS 396. All original...but it doesn't have it's ENGINE! Thanks all.

#7 ·
I'm looking to spend around $35,000-40,000. Of course that is for a car that I won't have to do anything to it immediately. Here are a couple of examples. The first one is my DREAM CAR!!

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/SC0510-91226/0/1970-Chevrolet-Camaro-RS/4-Speed/

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1970-CHEVROLET-CAMARO-RS/SS-2-DOOR-COUPE-117695

I'm basing my price on these two. I know these were sold a few years ago and prices fluctuate but I think its pretty close. Of course to get exactly what I want I'll probably have to pay more.

#9 ·
If you can't find one on NastyZ for sale then look into building your own.
Find a 70 RS add SS badging as required, a BB, a 12 bolt rear, rear sway bar, and paint it Silver w/black tailpanel.
No stripes or cowl hood. Trim tag won't be correct so admit it's a clone and enjoy the car.
Or get a 71 and do the same thing saving the cost of that very expensive 12 bolt.

#10 ·
hhott71,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been thinking along those lines. But I'm waiting for the right one to come along. I know I have a long wait for this model. But I have a young family and can't spend the time on a long project. In ten years maybe but I don't want to wait that long! I'm going to give it a little longer and if my waiting doesn't work I will take your idea and make my dream car! Thanks for taking the time to give me your input!

#11 ·
Rob you just need to be patient as the right car will come along, you are looking for an L34 '70 and although they are rare they still made 1800 cars and they do still come up for sale a few times a year. I have been looking for a '70 L78 Camaro for two years, they made 600 of those and although I have found a few nothing fit for what I wanted. Don't panic and start to build a clone, sometimes you could be upside down with a clone as well, depending on how correct you want to make that car...the biggest thing I have learned after many years of hunting hard to find Camaros is patience is a virtue :D

#12 ·
Sonny,

Thank you for those words. You start to doubt your search. I would like my Camaro tomorrow but I feel if I settle for a clone I'm giving up in away. I'm going to be the one that is going to know everyday that it's a clone. Plus by the time I would finish my Clone and tie up some money my L34 would come along! No offense to Clone makers. This is just the way I feel. This is a life long dream of mine I wish I had a four car garage or even a three! But I don't. So I want to find the right one and not settle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.