Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 Ground Up Restorations

Official Sponsor of Team Camaro

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Second Generation 1970-1981

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DjD

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Apr 9th, 16, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

1975 Leather

Any documentation out there showing how many 1975 Camaros had factory leather interior? I am the original owner of one and I am curious about how rare this option is.
Gandolph54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 10th, 16, 06:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS
Re: 1975 Leather

My research indicates only cloth and vinyl available in 1975. Maybe someone else will find something but I think leather is aftermarket.

Jeff
yellow69RS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 10th, 16, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

I didn't find an RPO code in the White Book for leather interior but under a section called "1975 Colors" where it lists body and top color combos and interior color suggestions there is a note "Type LT leather =2" under the interior code listings. Maybe someone better versed in 2nd gens can help with what this is referencing.

That said I don't see any way to identify leather interior as an option or how many got it. If there was an associated RPO code there would be a known quantity and cost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 10th, 16, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have the original order form and trim tag showing code 632 for leather trim. Factory availability isn't an issue;I'm just curious as to how many were ordered that way.
Old Apr 10th, 16, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

I found some trim tag info that says your 632 code is a special/custom interior code for the Type LT but has a note on it that says "Leather shows as available option for Type LT ($216) but none delivered retail."

What are you not disclosing about your 1975 Type LT? If it has leather, it was not sold new on the retail market...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old Apr 11th, 16, 11:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

DJD
I'm not hiding anything. I'm just trying to find out how many cars were ordered this way. I ordered mine in spring of 1975. Before I ordered it,I went to Portland and saw a new 75 with burgundy leather at a dealer. I still have the order form and still own the car. It is factory ordered,not aftermarket.
Old Apr 11th, 16, 03:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandolph54 View Post
DJD
I'm not hiding anything. I'm just trying to find out how many cars were ordered this way. I ordered mine in spring of 1975. Before I ordered it,I went to Portland and saw a new 75 with burgundy leather at a dealer. I still have the order form and still own the car. It is factory ordered,not aftermarket.
There is no way to know how many 1975 Type LT Camaros were specially ordered with option 632 code. The only published records I am aware of providing option totals pertain to RPO codes.

When I here "Leather shows as available option for Type LT ($216) but none delivered retail." I'm thinking there are no records of any retail sales of the car with a leather interior and only special promotional cars had the leather option. That's what I was alluding to about you not disclosing something.

Perhaps you should be in communication with the authors of the 2nd gen page NastyZ28 Second Generation Camaro Owners Group where that statement is posted. I'm sure the folks there would look forward to updating their info with proof otherwise.
restore-z28 likes this.

Old Apr 11th, 16, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage

I agree with Dennis, no way to know for sure how many would have come with that interior option. The only thing that comes to mind is how often you actually see that interior in a '75 Camaro, that will give you a sense of rarity based on how many times you see it pop up.

You can also post on the NastyZ28 site as they are primarily Gen 2 folks. Although they will not have production information either perhaps they can tell you how rare it would seem.

restore-z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 16, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have a 77 Z28 and it is definitely PLEATHER. I have often thought about having the front and rear seats recovered in genuine leather. This car was purchased by a family member new and I feel certain that if leather was offered, it would have it. I'll ask around the shop but I think vinyl was king back then. Actually, a couple workers are members here so maybe they'll chime in.
BLACK77Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in