Team Camaro Tech banner

How to tell if its OER gauge?

919 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kz1000ltd 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a like new repo set of factory style guages off of E-bay. I noticed in Ricks catolog that only OER repos dont use an external gas gauge resistor. Mine fuel does not have one but my temp. gauges does.
I was thinking that might be my problem. My problem is fuel reads past full with the key on. When I ground the brown wire same thing. I tested my sender and it checks out o.k.
While we're on the subject my Temp is doing the same thing. Its pegging to Cold when the key is on sender grounded or not. Any help on anyone of the questions would be great.

#2 ·
spideynut said:
My problem is fuel reads past full with the key on. When I ground the brown wire same thing. I tested my sender and it checks out o.k.
While we're on the subject my Temp is doing the same thing. Its pegging to Cold when the key is on sender grounded or not. Any help on anyone of the questions would be great.
Either its a power, ground, wired incorrectly or the gauge is defective. Be sure it has power (key is on) and the gauge is grounded, and its wired correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.