'94 Camaro 3.4L Cranks but No Start - Page 4 - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fourth Generation 1993-2002

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Feb 16th, 19, 05:45 PM   #46 (permalink)
Probationer

Cool Re: '94 Camaro 3.4L Cranks but No Start

Problem solved in my case... 1995 3.4L would start every morning with no problem... Good strong idle, etc.. Once engine got up to operating temperature, it would idle fine, but as soon as I accelerated, it would stall.. If I was in a drive scenario from the cold start, I could literaly be driving down the highway and it would stop and not start... A Clear Flood start would eventually get me going just enough to get off the highway... Tried all the fixes everyone else has recommended... IAC, Temperature Control Sensor, New Coil Pack and Ignition Module.. As everyone else, I spent a lot of time and money.. My goal was to put in a lower operating temperature thermostat to keep the engine cooler.. (Since it runs so good cold).. Upon removing the MAF to get to the thermostat, I was really blown away as to how much crud was behind it. I mean a lot.. Looks like never before cleaned... Now mind you I had already used the MAF spray to clean the front side... The MAF spray did a credible job cleaning the back side, but there was so much, I eventually hade to use a wet towel and scraper to get if all off...Also, I noticed that the crud extended all the way up into the chamber where the PCV sits.. So I cleaned all of that out, put the thermostat back in and went to start the car, not expecting anything, but to my surprise, after about a minute, my engine idle dropped from about 1000 rpms down to around 750.. I was a little surprised, then I noticed that upon acceleration, the engine no longer hesitated... Still afraid to take her on the street, I drove around the corner several times and shes breathing easy, running like a racehorse... She's back on the road again... This solved it for me... Hopes this helps...
Spoonyg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in