fuel pressure regulator - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fourth Generation 1993-2002

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Nov 24th, 07, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

fuel pressure regulator

I want to lean my 94 Z out and Im looking into getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. What would be the best and is there a way to just modify the stock one for the same result for less money. Thanx
94TwitchZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 24th, 07, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Re: fuel pressure regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94TwitchZ28 View Post
I want to lean my 94 Z out and Im looking into getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. What would be the best and is there a way to just modify the stock one for the same result for less money. Thanx
I'll awnser your question first......yes, there is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator available for the LT1 engine. If you want the best, look HERE. You will need part number 13107.

I am concerned as to why you want to lean it out. Short of a possiblity of better MPG's or a dirty air filter, why would you want to do such a thing?

If you are to use a FPR to lean it out, it will not do anything but have a very bad effect in how the engine performs.

Ok, lets say you take the pressure down to 30PSI from the factory 46PSI. When you drive it and put a load on the engine, the computer will try keep the fuel/air mixture to 14.7 to 1. If there is not enough fuel pressure there to make this happen, your runability will be horrible because the computer is trying to keep the injectors open for alot longer, therfore you have a bad spray pattern and poor all around performance.

The best way to properly lean it out is to do a computer tune.

Hope this helps,

Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kokamo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 25th, 07, 06:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

ok ok...after i had posted the original post...i found an article all about how AFPRs on these motors are pretty much useless...so, now, Ide have to go to a shop the have the brain reprogrammed right? any idea on how much it would cost? Tis the season for empty wallets
94TwitchZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 25th, 07, 08:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94TwitchZ28 View Post
ok ok...after i had posted the original post...i found an article all about how AFPRs on these motors are pretty much useless...so, now, Ide have to go to a shop the have the brain reprogrammed right? any idea on how much it would cost? Tis the season for empty wallets
Yes, it tis the season for emty wallets.

As far as reprogramming, there are lots of people out there that do mail order tunes. You simply mail them your computer, they retune it to your specifications, and then they send it back to you. That will be where you need to do a little searching. I have had all my tuning done by a guy in Canton, Ohio. His name is Jamie Lippencott and owns LSRacingchips.com. Now, his site is not up anylonger because he simply got too overwhelmed by mailorder tunes and is also too busy with his in house dyno tunes, so he is no longer taking in mail order tunes. I am currently thinking of performing my own tunes.....thats going to take some research, but I know it can be done.

Go over to LS1LT1.com and do a search of how to DIY tune or simply find someone that will do it for you.

Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kokamo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in