Pricing Question and trans question - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fourth Generation 1993-2002

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Oct 11th, 09, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Sgtbusa1969
Pricing Question and trans question

Hey I might be looking at getting my hands on a white 2000 Camaro SS with automatic,t-tops, power everything also has a nitrous system thats not completly hooked up. It has 124k miles on it but was owned from the beginning by a certified ASA mech, that said he changed oil evey 3k miles. He has no problem lifting it to show that no leaks or anything bad, nore does it burn any oil at all, and it was immaculate as for cleanlyness. With all that being siad, what do yall think its worth?

Second part, how hard is it on these cars to change over to a 6 speed? Thanks for any info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1969 Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sgtbusa1969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Oct 14th, 09, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to 67SS&99SS
Re: Pricing Question and trans question

i would use ebay as a good basis for comparison on current market prices. I would say $6,000-$9,000. I wouldn't want a car that had nitrous on it personally. Converting it over to a 6 speed will cost you around $2,000-$3,000

I would look for a car like this......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...item2a01d6ba20

Only aftermarket stuff I see is a short shifter, and a SLP lid.

67SS&99SS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Dec 5th, 09, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Why change it over to a 6 speed? If you want a 6 speed car buy one. If you want this car, buy it. Sure it's been run a bit hard, so go to Kelly Blue Book KBB.com or some other pricing guide and offer a bit less. Otherwise go out and buy a nice 4th gen 6 speed car and enjoy the heck out of it. They are way underpriced right now and deliver everything you could possibly ask for in a high performance car. Take my word for it, I've never been unhappy that I bought mine!

In any case, have fun with the car that you do decide to buy.

JT
JT1999CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Dec 8th, 09, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I have owned 2 auto fourth gens at this point. Did an ls1 / 6spd swap on my auto 93 ta, did the ls1 pcm swap and manual swap on my 95. It is easy as pie no way is it 2-3k. All you need is the pedals, center console, an LT1 6spd cross member an LS1 will not work and the master. The driveshaft is the same, the auto stick comes out you can see a flat spot where they normally cut the hole for the manual use a dremel or angle grinder or something similar cut it out. Get an 1 5/8 drill bit and drill for the master and two holes for the clutch pedal and badda bing badda boom. You got a stick, don't let an auto car you like scare you away because of this. The 4L60e could be sold for some money too.
-Harness has to be modified too.

I would offer 6 for the car if its immaculate maybe 6500. I got my 95 for 5k with a new built engine and a vortech t trim, racing seats, new gauge console, and slicks. It had 120 on the ticker but 2k on the new engine.

I say this because if you are getting it from an ASA certified mechanic you know he beat the living piss out of the motor especially nos. Just my .02 cents i never buy motors with nos who knows what shot he ran at one point. Also you want to look for an 01-02 better intakes the LS6 and in 02 better heads.
Radcannon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in