Ignition fuse - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fourth Generation 1993-2002

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 3rd, 19, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tech Team

Ignition fuse

1994 Camaro the ignition fuse keeps blowing. I have a new fuel pump a new ignition switch new starter. I disabled the coil packs and the ignition control module by unplugging the three connectors I get continuity through them but I still blew a ignition fuse. When I turn the key to the accessory position the fuse is okay it's only when it's in the Run position that it blows and it doesn't even have to try to crank the motor soon as it hits the Run position I've tried everything I know I've measured the resistance of the crankshaft position sensor I got 943 . I appreciate the help
Eric Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 4th, 19, 05:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS
Re: Ignition fuse

I would start looking for a pinched wire somewhere. Have you recently had the engine and trans separated and maybe caught the harness in between on reassembly?

Jeff
yellow69RS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 19, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tech Team

Hey Jeff, it's been two years since I've had the motor out and I've not had to do any replacing of parts during that two years up until the time I parked it it's been running great. When I pulled in the driveway I shut it off I got out went in the house for 2 hours when I came back out to leave it wouldn't start. I have no problems at all when the key is in the accessory position. It's only when I turn it to the on possession. So like you I agree that it's a wire at least I'm almost positive it is. But I've done nothing different than every day driving. That's when I decided to turn to you guys and see if someone else could think of a problem. The one thing I did do was looking for a wire that wasn't pinched but may be melted in 2 from maybe say laying on a manifold. anyting and I couldn't find anything in those wire looms that would give me a problem I had continuity. some of them I could even test for voltage. The only wires I haven't been able to check are under the car. I can see some of them but not all of them. We've had a whole lot of rain and the car is sitting on grass and when I try to jack it up with my redneck ways I can hear the board cracking and being pushed into the dirt, so hopefully we dry out soon and I can get it up in the air
Eric Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 19, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tech Team

Re: Ignition fuse

Disconnect the battery then measure the ohms from the ignition wire to ground at the ignition switch, then start pulling fuses until you find the one that causes the resistance to increase by a significant amount. That will at least help you determine which circuit is at fault.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
blitzer454 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in