Future 4th gen Value? - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fourth Generation 1993-2002

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Aug 28th, 05, 07:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Question Future 4th gen Value?

So what are your thoughts on the value (future like 10 to 15 years) of a low production 4th gen ?

Here is the car.......2001 B4C Camaro. The B4C is a Police package that was sold and was not availble to the general public. It is basicly a Z28 with some heavy duty options like cooling, Alt, Posi, 3:23 gears for Auto or 3:43 for the M-6 speed. It also mentions a fully welded exhaust (others must have been clamped together?) They had special tires and what is known as heavy duty suspension and special shocks. As I understand no high speed limiter and 155 MPH speedo ( don't know if other had 155 or not) The B4C option is on the build or option tag on the door and verfiys that this car is one. Non of them had T-tops and belive it or not you could get the full blown Monsoon audio system in them if so ordered. This one just has the basic Am/FM cassest system. You had to be municipality or gov agency to buy one from a dealer or order one new. I am sure that some how some went out the door over the years to others though.

In 2001 29000 Camaros were built out of that 250 were B4C's and of the B4C's this one is black and 167 of them were built. I have been reading about them and alot is said that they did not include and SLP options from the SS, but this particular car has the cold air induction? The person that has it did not put it on and it was bought as is at auction from the HWY patrol.

I am thinking that these could be more valuable down the road if left in origial condition. The one I am looking at is pretty nice never been painted, no dents or dings and has it's maintance history from the HWY PAtrol. It was a Captains car and not a Patrol car.

Thoughts????

Thanks
Joe
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joe Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 28th, 05, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Re: Future 4th gen Value?

Thought thre might be someone out there. I was thining posting at LS1 but want more opinion from here since we all (most) own first gens. thought a fouth gen question like this might spark a little more intrest.

Joe
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Aug 28th, 05, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Arrow Re: Future 4th gen Value?

this is an impossible question , we can not see that far into the future and probably nobody want's to give an opinion as it would probably hurt your feeling's , those car's are fast and I would imagine a lot of fun if you like a car as such , I would say that 15 years from now a car as described will have very little value if any ? I hope it's worth a million buck's , but I doubt it
Old Aug 28th, 05, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

No hurt feeling here at all. Just looking for opinions. I know it's alot of what you like so buy it sorta thing. I was just hoping some people would get out the cystal ball and look into the future a little.

My thoughts are the car might be worth something as it's low production, but Yugo's were low production also...........LOL.

I am not trying to compare to a COPO or anything because it can't be. I guess does anyone think a late modle low production car like this would be worth anything in the future. It's all a guessing game but what the heck. Like I said no hurt feelings here.

Joe
My 67 Camaro Time Line

Last edited by Joe Harrison; Aug 28th, 05 at 05:07 PM.
Old Aug 28th, 05, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Hey Joe,

I was going to hang onto my '96 Z28 SS for the next 20 years until it was 30 years old as it was not modded and had low mileage. One of 2410 it was also the 1st year return of the SS since '72. I think it has some potential to be collectable but like 1st gens at one time clean Camaros could be had for a grand or two for a lot of years. I feel the 4th gen trend for the next 10 years will go the same way and just didn't want to sit on it throught the time period that is hits bottom.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 28th, 05, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Thanks for the input Dennis:

I have been wanting an 01 or 02 LS1 powered 4th gen and hopfully a deal can be struck on this one. It's a crap shoot for speculation but sometimes you gotta say what the heck. The other half is seriously trying to talk me out of getting one but will understand if I do. She has laid down one rule and if I can keep to that then it's not a problem.

Keep those thoughts coming, I am not trying to talk myself into one, there is just not many people that I have chance to speak too that would have a clue about what I am asking.

Joe
My 67 Camaro Time Line
Old Aug 28th, 05, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

They don't make them anymore. The last 2 years had very low production, like less than 50k cars a year. I might think there is hope, although they will likely dip more before they go up.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

TC Member #13
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 28th, 05, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Tech

All newer cars have the same problem. Too much plastic, rubber bumpers, etc.... That just makes it very hard for many of them to last like the older cars have. I just think the "classic" cars are a thing of the past, meaning none of the newer cars will really be classics. Most never cars are disposable, tons of electronics, etc... at some point a repair will cost more than the car is worth and they end up getting dumped.

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
camaroman7d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 28th, 05, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Well, I think the B4C will be an interesting feature in the future... I kind of wanted to order one (long story but in the first years the right person could get one without law enforcement assistance) but decided I wanted an education instead... Anyway, the rule of thumb on great collectibles has usually been one of two things... #1 I HAD one just like and want another or #2 I always wanted one but never got it.

In this case you have to have been REALLY into Camaros to even have heard about a B4C car, and they didn't sell most of them to the public until they were beat so I'm not sure that'll help.

A "run-of-the-mill" SS will probably grab much more attention than a really rare car like yours...possibly even Z28's (more owners had/wanted one). But a collector who wants the whole set may just be willing to fork over a ton just because it's rare... Harder sale and you gotta find that one person... so maybe..just maybe you'll have that holy grail. My advice? Enjoy it! Treat it well, and we'll see who's laughing in 30 years!
radial72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 28th, 05, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to RamAirDave

Hey Joe

If youre looking strictly at investment, your 67 may be better the way 1st gens are these days, but then again we dont have a crystal ball. Some think they have one, and thats why theres still GN/Xs and PCs still "in the wrapper". Maybe theyre right, time will tell.

Since I know you are wanting an LS1 car, thats a good one at a good price. $10,500 is a pretty good price for a clean, never wrecked, run of the mill 2001 Z28, much less one of 250 made.

my .02
dave
Old Aug 29th, 05, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Tech

The 4th gens seem to have slowed in depreciation. They are not making them, there are a boatload of aftermarket go fast parts, and thus they are still popular.

Personally I don't think the combination of factors that is causing the increase in value of the 60's cars will ever happen the same again. Keep in mind that part of the appeal of the 60s cars is that their inherent poor quality caused few to survive. The 4th gen Camaro is a far superior car to the first gen, and will be on the road longer.

That being said, I still have my 69 and have sold my 4th gens.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Aug 29th, 05, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Well, let's see... If steel is trading at $.27 per pound and the car weighs in at 2600 pounds the it should be worth about $702.00 or there abouts.
Old Aug 29th, 05, 03:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Garage

Sounds like you really like the car. Get it, drive it, and have fun with it. I know a few people with ls1 ss camaros and they all love that engine. If you get it for a decent price and have fun, I don't think you will lose to much $$$ if you decide to sell. You will definitely get your moneys worth out of the car. I personally think the 4th gen will be worth something in the future. I don't think it will compete with the 1st gens in terms of value, but I think it will have value. Muscle cars are popular because they have style, performance, could be modified to hell, and they were were affordable at the time they came out. The 4th gen has these same qualities, so I do believe the car will have some value. Obviously as time goes on and there are fewer and fewer on the road, the value will go up.
Old Aug 29th, 05, 07:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Wow great to hear from y'all..............We could not make a deal on the car. No big loss to eiather party and I hope that someday we can meet up and buy each other a beer. For anyone that is intrested the car mentioned in here is for sale on this web site. It's under the 1st gens looking for trade.

It's good to hear what people are thinking about these late model cars. It puts a new twist on it when I think of getting one. I really like the 01-02 LS1 Cars but one is going to have to fall into my before getting one, just like my 67 did!!

Not much changes does it considering I bought my 67 for $500.00 !! As the stones song goes...............time is on my side!!

Joe
My 67 Camaro Time Line
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in