how would gas get into the oil? - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fourth Generation 1993-2002

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Nov 15th, 06, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

how would gas get into the oil?

hey guys i really need help. i have a 94 camaro z28 that i just recently bought. i had just a basic tune up done spark plugs change and oil and fuel filter. after i had that done the car started running really bad. it started stalling out and lots of white smoke kept coming out of the exuast. finally the car gave out and wouldnt turn back on. i had my car taken to the mechanics and there lost for words. they say for some reason theres tons of gas in the oil thats why the car gave out. but whats my question is what would cause that? if anyone can help me out it would be great. thanks
bmembreno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 15th, 06, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Re: how would gas get into the oil?

piston rings
rare4k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 15th, 06, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

leaking injectors
fotoboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 15th, 06, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

In your other thread (feel free to keep posting in the same thread next time to make it easier to follow the whole story) you mentioned you had no problem until a mechanic replaced plugs, wires and did an oil change.

1. mechanic would have reported gas in oil when changing it had the problem existed before this work.
2. could be related to this work that was done. List for us exactly what you had done...
3. could be a problem that just surfaced after the mechanic finished and unrelated to what he did. More reason to list all the work done, don't leave out any details...
4. What are the mechanics saying is the cause? I know you said they are at a loss for words but I am assuming that is in reference to owning up to causing the problem.

Good luck with this one, how long have you had the car? If you can prove the seller knew about a problem and didn't tell you you can put this back on them for not disclosing the problem. Think back to everything said during the sale and go over the paper work from the sale.

I posted all this because it sounds like you are on the bad end of everything that has happened. Sounds like you will need to have your facts all lined up if you are going to get anywhere other than more repair bills...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 17th, 06, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

i found out this morning from the mechanic that the injectors are staying on constantley and flooding out. its some kind of electrical problem. what he says is the previous mechanic got frusturated or something and ripped wires underneath the motor and rite now he cant find the source of the gas flooding. hes saying that everytime it floods he has to let it dry for four hours and try again. do you guys know what could cause the injectors to stay on? the mechanic and i are both frusturated rite now. i just cant believe i just bought this car and all these problems are going on. i know thats how camaros are but i never had problems like this with my other two camaros. hopefully the mechanic can figure it out soon. thanks for your help guys
ps i think if it comes down to it i might have to take it to the chevy dealership since they know the electrical alot better.
Old Nov 17th, 06, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Send a message via ICQ to Steptoe

Computor controlled injectors?
u may have to put it on an computor analiser check the volyages etc u may find a crook O2 sensor so something like that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 17th, 06, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

First of all if your mechanic cant figure out how to keep the injectors from dumping fuel into your motor find a new one. Pretty simple unplug the fuel pump and relieve the pressure in the rail or unplug the injectors. Secondly the injectors are triggered by the ECM either by power of ground. If you have a short to ground that could cause your problem. I would be looking for wiring problems as you already mentioned. I really doubt that the ecm is the cause. My guess is the above or that the injectors bleed into the motor after the car was off and ruined your bearings.
Vegas69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 17th, 06, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Send a message via ICQ to Steptoe

Quote:
First of all if your mechanic cant figure out how to keep the injectors from dumping fuel into your motor find a new one.
Blunt but so true...
You wouldnt go to a heart surgon for a brain tumour.

Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 21st, 06, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

you guys are so right about taking it to another mechanic. i know your going to laugh but pep boys is the worst place to take your car if you need work done. they have had my car for a week now and still cant figure out whats wrong with it. i decided tonight after work im just going to pick up my car and try vegas69 and steptoe suggestion and see if that works. i know there has to be a ground wire some where diconnected. hey vegas69 i live in las vegas too you have any suggestions for a good mechanic if i cant get it figured out? well thanks again guys.
Old Nov 21st, 06, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

You may want to call a friend of mine that is a mobile mechanic. His name is John Doyle 443-4555. He should be able to help you out.
Old Nov 22nd, 06, 08:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Reply # 2 is the answer.
Have a shop do a compression test to confirm it. Pinpointing that now will save you from buying all sorts of expensive stuff and still have a hard mechanical problem.
NastyZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Nov 22nd, 06, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

its a miracle my baby is working again. she running better then ever. i found out when the first mechanic worked on the tune up some how he broke the fuel pressure regulator. i have no idea how but im just glad i finally got my camaro fixed. thanks for all your help. im glad theres this site for all camaro lovers if they need help.
Old Nov 22nd, 06, 06:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Change the oil if you haven't.
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in