#3919840 big block Rec.port heads - Team Camaro Tech
What's it worth? & ebay discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 07, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

#3919840 big block Rec.port heads

A buddy trying to sell me a set of complete 840 heads, the casting no. is on bottom of the heads but they have been hot rodded a little, some one ground out casting #s and date code on inside and I think intake port is bigger exhaust looks stock , Im looking for a set to build a Yenko clone motor. One of the valve retainer caps cracked looks like alum. I thought those were steel. Dont know if they have been Milled. whats a set of heads like these with no date code and that have been messed with Run?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 07, 06:30 PM
Senior Tech
Gary

Re: #3919840 big block Rec.port heads

I wouldn't worry about the date, for a clone, as it is under the valve cover. My Yenko clone has August 68 dates on the heads. Pristine ones sell for $1200 or more. The ported ones would be worth somewhat less.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 07, 08:40 PM
Senior Tech
george

Re: #3919840 big block Rec.port heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs/rs View Post
A buddy trying to sell me a set of complete 840 heads, the casting no. is on bottom of the heads but they have been hot rodded a little, some one ground out casting #s and date code on inside and I think intake port is bigger exhaust looks stock , Im looking for a set to build a Yenko clone motor. One of the valve retainer caps cracked looks like alum. I thought those were steel. Dont know if they have been Milled. whats a set of heads like these with no date code and that have been messed with Run?
Quick question?How do you know they are 840,s if the casting # is ground off?Aluminun retainers cracked? Remove one and use a magnet.As far as milling goes,the outer edge of the head that protrudes beyond the sealing surface usually measure .060 inch.As for dollars,I have a set of 840,s on a 427 that I would let go for $1500 with 2.250 and 1.88,s with pc seals and double springs with dampners shaved .010.The casting hump over the parting line on the front of the head is also an indicator that this is a HIPO head I do believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode