http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show...rt/1/vc/1/nt/2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 256 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 09, 07:09 AM
Senior Tech
Craig

Re: barn find 68 yenko camaro

Link says access denied for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #168 of 256 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 09, 07:13 AM
Senior Tech
Andy

That thread was delelted, but there is a new one if you go to the site and look at the cars for sale section.

post #169 of 256 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 09, 08:28 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mr. Tibbs

Send a message via AIM to ChevyThunder

Simon ,
Great story on how the Yenko got to England and is life there. Maybe I missed it but I was also interested in what led you to the car, how you found about about it and what happend between then and now with the car back in the US. I have found a few "barn find" Porsche race cars and recently bought an IROC RSR out of Columbia that belonged to Pablo Escobar .

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenkofind View Post
The Yenko is now in the container and on the boat so now it is safe. To let you all know the story on this car, it was exported to England in 1969 and as Yenko Camaros were not very common in England it was very distinctive. In 1972 the owner was partaking in a spot of harmless street racing when the cops decided they wanted to apprehend the driver of the Yenko. After a short chase the Yenko had vanished into the night, the English police had no chance of catching this American beast in there under powered panda cars, as the car was so distinctive it was hidden in a garage until the dust settled. The owners need for speed was then satisfied with the Galaxie lightweight and the Yenko sat in the garage until the owner decided to pull the engine and put it in a dragster, unfortunately the front end sheet metal was put out side for the short time the engine would be out of the car. Well, months turned into years and the fenders rusted away, the dragster got sold and the Yenko just sat and the owner got older and lost interest. That is how a 25000 mile Yenko sat.

" Burn rubber not your Soul "
Camaro,Camaro,Camaro,Camaro
post #170 of 256 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 09, 05:23 AM
Senior Tech
Mike

"Simon ,
Great story on how the Yenko got to England and is life there. Maybe I missed it but I was also interested in what led you to the car, how you found about about it and what happend between then and now with the car back in the US. I have found a few "barn find" Porsche race cars and recently bought an IROC RSR out of Columbia that belonged to Pablo Escobar . "

have you pulled the door panels off yet ? maybe cut the spare tire open yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #171 of 256 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 09, 07:34 AM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMan View Post
"Simon ,
Great story on how the Yenko got to England and is life there. Maybe I missed it but I was also interested in what led you to the car, how you found about about it and what happend between then and now with the car back in the US. I have found a few "barn find" Porsche race cars and recently bought an IROC RSR out of Columbia that belonged to Pablo Escobar . "

Yeah, will the gas tank only take like a gallon of gas? Pull it while your at it.
post #172 of 256 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 09, 03:14 PM
Senior Tech

I go to Colombia and Brazil alot...I'm always looking for old cars...unfortunately there are very very few....but, there are many cool old trucks...they just keep repairing the old trucks...I want to know how you found that escobar car!!...there's a bunch of old Volkswagons too!!!
post #173 of 256 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 09, 09:54 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Send a message via AIM to dreamweaver

He could tell you............

............................. but then he'd have to kill ya

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon
post #174 of 256 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 09, 10:17 PM

I can't believe how far that car has traveled over it's life time. Do it right, I dont want to see this thing hacked up
post #175 of 256 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 09, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

i have just found a magazine that was produced in england that ran an artical on this car telling readers about the awesome performance of this yenko camaro , i have been in contact with the then owner and he told me that he bought the car from a used car lot in london england in early 1972 and that he had to sell it in late 1972 due to the birth of his daughter, not long after the sale the car went into storage only to sit till 2008.

post #176 of 256 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 09, 01:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Send a message via AIM to dreamweaver

What's the end of the last sentence in that last page posted, "... handled quite well for a yank with a ______________"? Just curious.

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon
post #177 of 256 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 09, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

four konis tying it down (it had koni dampers)
post #178 of 256 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 09, 01:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mr. Tibbs

Send a message via AIM to ChevyThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMan View Post
"Simon ,

Unfortunately there are no door panels on a race car and any "spare" tire is in the pits If you watch the Pablo Escobar story on History Channel the show Pablo standing next to my car after a race in Columbia.

One of Pablo's family members ended up with the car. And the car came back to the USA . Here is what it ooked liek when Pablito had it

" Burn rubber not your Soul "
Camaro,Camaro,Camaro,Camaro
post #179 of 256 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 09, 10:15 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

The bloke sitting in the Camaro looks just like James May (Capt Slow) from Top Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenkofind View Post
i have just found a magazine that was produced in england that ran an artical on this car telling readers about the awesome performance of this yenko camaro , i have been in contact with the then owner and he told me that he bought the car from a used car lot in london england in early 1972 and that he had to sell it in late 1972 due to the birth of his daughter, not long after the sale the car went into storage only to sit till 2008.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #180 of 256 (permalink) Old May 1st, 09, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

I have just received some cool paper work for the yenko , the original log book (title), the last mot (english vehicle safety certificate) and a fuel ration book for large engine cars, i have also found out that the car was put in storage in 1973 not 1972 , i think this is the only 68 yenko with english paper work, it even says yenko on the log book !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode