1969 z28 - Team Camaro Tech
What's it worth? & ebay discussions

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chevyhp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeff

Can u help me price? Is this car correct and opinion on real value.

https://www.autoinvestorsinc.com/veh...evrolet-camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 08:54 AM
John

Garage
Re: 1969 z28

Hard to value without seeing under the car and under the hood.

The stripes on the rear trunk lid are wrong. When he honked the horn it sounded like only one was working. The clock doesnít work. And who knows what else isnít working. Cowl induction working? Correct carb and distributor? Also sounded like it had headers when watching the video?

Would want a JM report on the car if serious about buying. If it all checks out and body and paint having no issues maybe $60k or so max. Standard interior

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 09:13 AM
Senior Tech
Robert

Garage

Seems a bit over priced. A bit meaning at least $15K. But I have seen a lot of vehicles lately go for more than they should. I wouldn't be surprised if it went at auction for that price, but I would be surprised if someone just walked up and paid full asking price. That said, it is a nice looking car, and for that asking price it better be perfect!

AKXtreme
69 Camaro L48 SS350
M20 4spd

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 01:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Nice looking car. I'm not normally a fan of yellow, but with the black stripes it works on this car. Just don't park in a field at the car shows - friend of mine had a yellow car and the bug thought it was a giant dandelion and were all over it.

At 4:27 of the video, I sure hope that was the wiper making that noise on the windshield and not the dude breaking wind.

If it's X77 on the tag, then the chrome louvers on the quarter should not be there. If it's X33, then there should be chrome around the headlights, front turn signal lights, and vertical chrome on the taillights.

I would want to know that all the expensive, hard to find parts are on there - dist, alt, starter, and especially the smog system. For that asking price, it all better be there, and there better be some excellent documentation. I would get someone like McNeish to verify the car before plunking down $70K plus.

FWIW, I have a friend selling a Dusk Blue numbers matching Z with blue standard interior, and you could pick that one up for about $20K less than the price on this one. Good, honest, real car without the dealer BS.

1967 RS/SS 350 Conv - triple black, 4sp, tach & gauges

1969 VN-built RS/SS 396 Conv - Garnet Red/Black, 4-sp, tach & gauges
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeff

Ty that’s a start. The website does have pics under and of the engine. I thought the stripes were wrong too. I didn’t even think about the carb n distributor. Prices are so inflated now that’s the problem. I think 60-65 would be fair if everything was accurate. I want to sell my car and buy it but he said he’d go to 70. Still to high.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jeff

I’m a big fan of the Daytona Yellow. The trim tag says x77. If your looking on your phones turn the phone to horizontal and the additional pics will show.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 05:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

For a car that's advertised as being nut and bot restored to factory specs I'm amazed at how much is wrong. The rear strips are just beyond belief to me. With the internet you couldn't find the right specs before you sprayed the black? The factory never installed KYB gas adjust shock but that what these look like. It has most of the style trim stuff that belongs on an X33 car. and the list goes on.....
You need to figure out what it will be worth after all that is wrong is corrected and how much it will cost to fix and make an offer based on that IMO.

Jeff
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 07:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

Its possible that the car was built to what the builder wanted. The stripes are definitely wrong on the trunk. Ill give y'all that. My car is a X-77. I put the X-33 trim on my car. Its what I like so its what I put on mine. It looks like a decent car, worth about $45-$50K in my opinion. Could be less if seen in person. Resto mods are bringing better money at the moment. All the documents need to be in place to get top dollar, but that is not a top dollar car. Top dollar in my opinion these days for a 69Z is $65-$75. Just my thoughts.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 07:32 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Beth

If it WAS a top dollar car, why would you do a 5 minute video and never pop the hood ?

They are hiding things.

68 Camaro convertible, 6.0 LQ4 with LS3 heads, Vintage Air, 750 street demon carb, eddy perf rpm, GM hot cam, Hooker headers, 4L80e, 12 bolt, 3.55 gears
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 10:05 PM
Senior Tech
Kurt S

The underhood pics are under the "More Images" tab.
Restamped block and trans. Axle isn't original to the car.

124379N598987

Kurt S.
CRG -
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 19, 05:11 AM
Team Member
Ray

Garage

Cool shop. I wouldn't mind spending some time looking around at the memorabilia. Those pickups are awesome.
Ho-hum on the Z. Just another overpriced, possible mutt with tell tail misplaced rear stripes.

'68 rs/SS 350 M-21 posi
numbers matching
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 19, 07:59 AM
Apprentice

At that price the rear deck stripes would be all I would have to see for me to walk away .
yellow69RS likes this.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 19, 08:18 AM
John

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt S View Post
The underhood pics are under the "More Images" tab.
Restamped block and trans. Axle isn't original to the car.

124379N598987
Yep. Another lying seller or dealer.

Value just dropped to about $40k if the car is in very good condition.

Sad that some unknowing sucker will probably fall for it and get screwed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode