Team Camaro Tech banner

What is a 69 camaro L 78 project car worth

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  parkbrau 
#1 ·
Can any of you folks help me on a price to be payed for this 1969 Camaro X66 L 78 project cannot get photos up here, the front has only fender's that did not come on the car, hood is junk, no motor or transmission, has the 12 bolt rear end 3:55, only thing under the hood is radiator brace, nothing for the front grill area, black interior which need's all the replacement thing's, floor board's in good shape and trunk floor, need's quarter panel's on both side's posibly a pass. door, missing rear window, had a vinil top but not there and ground the tab's off for the trim, trunk lid has rust hole's on both bottom corner's, has rally wheel's with trim but the general age to them, has the correct black paint lines for the tail panel black,so that 's what I have I know with out photo's it is a hard to price it but like everything in this game they want a lot of money for what it is and I am only wanting to buy it because I have the the correct 396 and muncie transmission for it from a wreaked L 78 Camaro can I get any help with this I know I will get a few crazy price's from a few people but any help would help thanks.

#2 ·
Without it's original drivetrain, it's just another Camaro. X66 trim tag (if it's real and hasn't been replaced) will help the value some, but not terribly. Hard to put a value on it without pictures, but I would say it is worth the sum of it's parts.

#4 ·
Sounds like you want to reunite a big block with a body that may once have had a different big block in it. Why?

#6 ·
Is there a way to tell? I've got a69 SS 396 x66 car too that my father inlaw restored. He stuck a l78 396 motor in it but now I'm curious about what hp396 really came in the car. Had a 327 and Z28 badges on it when he bought it back in 71. When he started the restore in 2016 the numbers came back as a 396 ss car so that's what he built it back to. Until I read this post I assumed all X66 cars were L78 but now I'm thinking not

#9 ·
I saw this same post on the 67-69 Camaro owners page. I think you should get a better body Cliff. Pass on this one, you stated the guy wants an arm and a leg, just because it has a X6 on the trunk divider. That alone should not be the driving force to buy this car. Get a better body and put your drive train in that and drive it like you stole it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.