Team Camaro Tech banner

ZL1 #59 Coming to B-J, NO RESERVE

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  clill 
#1 · (Edited)
Hard to imagine letting one of these go at auction with no reserve !:eek:

"It is an original matching-numbers vehicle with extensive documentation, including the original Window Sticker and owner’s history. The seller says he went so far as to track down the original drivetrain – which he located in 1971 – to reunite it with the original body."

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Med...1-copo-for-sale-scottsdale-auction-no-reserve

From CRG;

VIN 9N642876 (#59)
Ordering Dealer: Hechler Chevrolet, Richmond, VA
Selling Dealer: Courtesy Chevrolet, Fredericksburg, VA
M22 4-Spd HD Close Ratio Transmission
NC8 Chambered Dual Exhaust System
U63 AM Pushbutton Radio
Z21 Style Trim Group
5927 72-72 Hugger Orange

What do you guess it will sell for ? Over or under 500K ?? :)

See less See more
#5 ·
I’m sure BJ cut seller fee to 1% or less to get the car to auction in 2018 and there’s a deal working this time. Chances are it a zero seller fee deal so the seller could shill bid up to desired price without risk.

#11 ·
They don't cut the fee during the auction like Mecum in order to make a deal.

They make deals with sellers to get them to consign their cars. High end cars and collections.

#13 ·
I believe it was a Reserve Auction in 2018.

Per the discussion on the Yenko Site it did not have the original engine in 2018 but now it does?

Read one story where the car and engine were re-united in 1971... at least I think it was this car.

So they were separated a second time and re-united after Jan. 2018?

Anyone know the story?

#15 ·
Charley, you are alive! LOL And still rolling in nicer iron than me. LOL

Reactions: clill
#17 ·
Good to see ya stop by, Charley. It's still listed as NO RESERVE, which I still can't believe ! WIW ? Will the seller break even after 2 years ownership ? Would be in excess of 800K if they got the original block.

Another thing I can't believe is the pinstripes originally were black on one side and white on the other !?:wacko: LOL I'm guessing the dealer corrected that as I can't imagine anyone buying a new car (an expensive one at that) would find that acceptable. And to think some would want to restore it back to that degree of factory originality is beyond me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.