My '68 Vert Project Photos - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 07, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brian

My '68 Vert Project Photos

Hey Folks, I thought I would post some pics of my PROJECT!!! Best word I could think to use to describe my car. It's gonna take years!!! I love this Forum and will probably be making many posts and hopefully responding with help to others in the future. It's a terrific resource. Enjoy!!

A little more info: '68 RS Vert. V8 car, console guages, tic-toc-tac. Drivetrain is all non-numbers matching (they way I like it) Restoration started by previous owner, but he obviously lost interest. In I step, and the story continues. My first step will be to add another bay onto my shop so I have some room. That's happening this Spring, then the suspension will come off and onto the rotiserrie (sp) it goes!! Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 07, 06:46 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Re: My '68 Vert Project Photos

Looking good,and things that are not rushed usually turn out very nice, and this is part of the fun too…take your time and have fun …Happy Motoring

1972 Nova SS , 350, Auto, AC, Survivor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 07, 07:55 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

nice. good job!

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 07, 08:11 AM
Senior Tech
Brent

Nice--you picked a great year. The paint is already complete? Doesn't it just need interior and drivetrain?

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 07, 08:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Your project is looking good --- keep up the good work

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 07, 08:46 AM

Very nice. Wish mine started that way.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 07, 07:16 PM
Senior Tech

Looking good! Welcome to Team Camaro

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 07, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brian

Thank you for the welcome and the kinds words. The biggest headache about my car is I didn't get to take it apart. The previous owner blew the whole car apart, didn't mark a single item, and tossed it into about 6 boxes. I'm very good at putting something back together I took apart, but I don't get that luxury here.

You can tell the shell itself was in very good condition before he started. No rust at all around the dash, cowl, pillar area. He welded a new floor pan, trunk pan, and installed new 1/4s. Looks like he did a decent job. You can tell it was up on a rotisserie, because the bottom of the car is painted as shiny as the top!! Bad thing is, I'm changing the color to black, so I've got to take the suspension back off and put it on my rotisserie to repaint.

I'm much more of a body man than a mechanic, so it's funny I end up with a project that needs very little body work. I think there are 2 dents on the whole car, and they are just from it sitting around and getting bumped into.

Don't worry, there will be MANY questions and updates on my progress

Thanks again, Brian
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 07, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Nice ride and will be waiting to see progressing pics.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode