New to the Team - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 07, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

New to the Team

Well I'm here and I guess my only description is an 18 yr old guy who's utterly obsessed with the Chevy Camaro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 12:43 AM

Re: New to the Team

Welcome
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 05:38 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mitch

Welcome !!! Glad to see a young addict join the club.... You'll need to carry the banner when the "older" crew no longer can...

...38 Chev coupe, street rod
...54 Chev 210 coupe
...62 Impala SS, driver/project
...67 Camaro, ss/rs LA built driver/project
...66 Chevelle SS, Atlanta built 138 driver/project
...69 C10, cab and clip may end up on the '89 rollback
...70 Chevelle SS, Canadian documented Z25 project

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 05:41 AM
Senior Tech
Larry

Hello and welcome to this site.

(LARRY)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyingYoung View Post
utterly obsessed with the Chevy Camaro.
Welcome to the Club! You didn't say what year or generation. Of course, it doesn't matter and it won't degrade you from obtaining an education of either generation.

We are here to help and learn from others. You can teach an old dog new tricks, ask others here.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 06:24 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Welcome!! It's nice to see a younger guy wanting to be involved with the hobby. We have to get the next generation interested, or when us old farts die off, our cars will be sitting in a museum.

'67 Marina Blue Convertible. L30, PG. All numbers match, 41k original miles.

"The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire"
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 07:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

Welcome Corry! To be honest I'm not crazy about your TC name but to each their own I guess.... If you have a Camaro, post some pictures of it, if not, tell us what you want for you first camaro....

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 09:43 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome to Team Camaro -- like zuma I'm not crazy about the name, however, lets hope is means dying 10 years younger than 100

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 12:41 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome Corry. Enjoy your stay here on Team Camaro. It's nice to see a younger Camaro enthusiast out there such as yourself.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 02:04 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

I remember being a 18 yr old obsessed with camaros 20 + yrs ago, wait im still obsessed. im just older now
once the bug bites it rarely goes away
welcome....

'67' RS

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

I don't have a Camaro at this exact moment, I'm working on getting one. I've been through so many offers trying to get what I want so amny times and something going wrong, it's not even funny. lol...

I had an offer for a perfect condition '72 RS/SS Camaro with a 350 by, manual transmission for $4900... well, the woman lived in Germany and wouldn't contact me except for email... so I wasn't exactly comfortable with sending her $4900 and not getting a car... lol.

Here's a pic of the '72...

The other offer was for a '67 RS/SS 350 v8 with a 4-speed manual transmission for $2900... well, the guy was a prick and wouldn't meet me anywhere so I never bought that either... lol

And here's a pic of the '68...

I've been trying to find a '67-'73 Camaro for a decent price. I'm not worried about it being in PERFECT condition or anything, but I don't want a rust bucket either... but it also needs to run. I can't really spend more than 5-6 grand though... so I'm kind of in a bind. If any of you think you can help me find a deal somewhere, please let me know.

As far as my name "DyingYoung" goes... it's just a name I got a few years back with video games and such and it's just kinda stuck so I use it everywhere.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 07, 05:04 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Good luck with your search for a project car. Keep looking on eBay and craiglist, as well as the classified section of your local newspapers. It will take time, but I'm sure something will pop up that fits your project requirements -- then the fun begins

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)

Last edited by DougP; Feb 23rd, 07 at 05:04 AM. Reason: spelling
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 07, 05:15 AM
Senior Tech

Obviously we don't know the details of either car above, how you found them and how the correspondence was handled, but I think most of us would agree that at those prices, both cars were part of some part of a SCAM.

Scams involving the buying and selling of these cars (and cars over the Internet in general) are getting more and more prevalent. Generally, if you see an ad for a car in the condition of either of the cars above and the purchase prices is less than 10K, suspect scam.

Search "scam" or "Scammer" on here and you should get quite a few threads telling what to look for, or you can always just post up here. Don't get taken!!

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 07, 05:17 AM
Senior Tech

An SS/RS 67 that runs and drives and looks like the black car above could easily be 10X the price of $2,900 if it's an original car and not a scam.

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 07, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

I was thinking the first one was a scam considering what all had been done to the interior... but the second, I'm not sure. Something told me it wasn't a scam... maybe that's because I was going to go to where the car sat to buy it in person... lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode