New - Washington DC w/68 Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Question New - Washington DC w/68 Camaro

My name is Jim.

I live in Northern VA, work in Washington DC, originally from Youngstown, OH. 49 year old white male (I can't believe I'm that old already), retired from USAF in Nov 1993.

I have a 68 Camaro that sat in storage for 20+ years - trying to get the back seat out to see the floor there. The traditional push the base of the seat's lower frame toward the rear of the car, then lift technique isn't working on this car. How does that thing come out? I know there is a treasure waiting for me under that seat and I'd like to get to it by the spring thaw.

By the way, I love old American cars, especially the cars from the 60's - early 70's muscle car era. It doesn't matter to me if they are Ford, Chevy, Mopar, AMC, etc - as long as they are classic American. I do have an occasional admiration for some older British and German cars, but the Pacific-area stuff is not for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 06:48 AM
Senior Tech
Larry

Re: New - Washington DC w/68 Camaro

Hello and welcome.

(LARRY)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome to the CLub! You should be able to push back on the seat about 1 1/2 inches and then pull up. The junction of the seat spring/frame to floor hook may have rusted into one piece and might need some external persuading to loosen the junction.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 08:21 AM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to Blade

Welcome. I live in maryland and work in dc. How u like the drive?

Got to give the PEOPLE what they want!

Look....if you wanna be the best then you gotta take out the best!

1967 Prostreet Camaro
BB 431 650hp
400 Turbo Trans
Ford 9" 4:56 gears

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilstrip View Post
My name is Jim.

I live in Northern VA, work in Washington DC, originally from Youngstown, OH. 49 year old white male (I can't believe I'm that old already), retired from USAF in Nov 1993.

I have a 68 Camaro that sat in storage for 20+ years - trying to get the back seat out to see the floor there. The traditional push the base of the seat's lower frame toward the rear of the car, then lift technique isn't working on this car. How does that thing come out? I know there is a treasure waiting for me under that seat and I'd like to get to it by the spring thaw.

By the way, I love old American cars, especially the cars from the 60's - early 70's muscle car era. It doesn't matter to me if they are Ford, Chevy, Mopar, AMC, etc - as long as they are classic American. I do have an occasional admiration for some older British and German cars, but the Pacific-area stuff is not for me.
Welcome, nice to see another Virginian. I am down in Richmond area. I have a 68 Camaro that I am working on. In time, plan to take it to different car shows in Virginia, Louisa, Culpepr, Orange, and Richmond. In Louisa County they have a yearly event that is held in June. They (Lake Anne Cruizer) had a pretty good turn out last June. Welcome.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 09:15 AM
Senior Tech
Brent

Jim,

I'm from the Youngstown area (East Liverpool), retired from the USAF on '04, have a 68 Camaro, work in Washington DC (Pentagon) and live in Northern Virginia. Are we related?

Brent

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 09:38 AM

I don't know if you are going to take your Camaro to any car shows up in Northern VA, but up in Manassas, they have Bull Run Street Rods every saturday night at the Burger King on Rt 28. I am not sure of when they start up their car show season.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 09:53 AM
Senior Tech
Brent

They start cruising in March and have their big show on 6 May.

Burger King on Rt 234 in Manassas, VA. - Sat nights March - Oct, from 4-11pm.
Info: [email protected]

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 10:58 AM
Senior Tech

Welcome to Team Camaro Jim. You should be able to get the rear seat out by using the method Everett described above. Be prepared to find a lot of goodies under the rear seat. I found money, French fries and movie ticket stubs under mine.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 11:13 AM

Welcome
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 07, 07:11 PM

When I got my 68 Camaro home, and going through the trunk. I found tools that the prevouis owner forgot to take out....mine now. I didn't find any money, started looking throught the middle glove box and found the key to the trunk. There was the old interior that I am going to replace. It will be fun taking ti to car shows and letting people see the work.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 07, 05:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Jim -- welcome to Team Camaro from across the river here in Maryland

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode