good classic car financing company? - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 07, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

good classic car financing company?

Im looking to purchase my first classic, a 68-69 camaro, and would like suggestion on a good place for financing.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 07, 09:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour
Re: good classic car financing company?

Refinance the house. lol
My Credit union wont do cars older than a few years. Luckily a bank my father has been with for years let me have what I needed.
search the net.

AE2(AW) Harley Moody, USNavy
"Master-at-Arms" for the CDWJB!!
November 26th, 2008 was my last day to serve my country as a member of the World's Greatest Navy.
Thanks Chief.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 07, 09:59 PM
Senior Tech

Do not use capital one, They approved me but not for any car under 2001, jj best will finance any collector car...crash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 05:15 AM

Welcome
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 05:38 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Just google classic car financing on the net. You will get dozens of hits.

'67 Marina Blue Convertible. L30, PG. All numbers match, 41k original miles.

"The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire"
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 06:02 AM

A home equity loan is the best way, remember your interest is tax deductable on a home equity line. If you do not own a home, try Hagerty, yes Hagerty the cclasic car insuarnce folks, they also finance classic cars. I think it's Hagerty.com.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67fan View Post
A home equity loan is the best way, remember your interest is tax deductable on a home equity line. If you do not own a home, try Hagerty, yes Hagerty the cclasic car insuarnce folks, they also finance classic cars. I think it's Hagerty.com.
Ditto
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 07:22 AM
Senior Tech

If you can't afford to pay cash for toys then you can't afford that toy. Keep saving.

Scott.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 08:01 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Taylor: If you can't afford to pay cash for toys then you can't afford that toy. Keep saving.
I disagree. If the only way you can get a "toy" is to finance it, as long as you can afford the payment, why not?? Don't be a moron and miss a mortgage payment or neglect the kids, but why would financing a classic, be any different than financing a daily driver? If you don't have the 20K or whatever the cost squirled away (not many people do) I see nothing wrong with financing as long as you can swing the payment. Just remember you will pay more for the car with the finance charges.

Oh by the way, welcome to Team camaro !

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 08:18 AM
Senior Tech
Tony

Spoken like a true American. That is why so many are in debt up to their eyeballs.

67 Camaro- 427BB, TKO 600, 3.55 12 bolt etc.etc.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 08:37 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Are you saying no one should finance things? They shouldn't buy a house, a daily driver, or go to college unless they have the cash saved? That would be ridiculous. I stated that if you don't have the cash saved, finance it if you can afford the payment. If you can't afford the payment, don't finance it. I personally could care less what people do, I have no debt at all (other than a mortgage) if I hadn't financed the house, I still wouldn't own one. I am not in debt up to my eyeballs, I am a true American, and if you are going to be in debt that you can't handle, don't finance a toy!

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 09:04 AM
Senior Tech

Toys dude! The key word was toys. If you can't afford them and don't need them, don't buy them! House? Not a toy! Daily driver? Not a toy! College degree? Not a toy! Classic car? Ski boat? Helicopter? Toys! Any questions?

Scott.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 07, 09:17 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

And my keywords were "if you can't swing the payment, don't finance it". If you can swing the payment without affecting your household finances, I see nothing wrong with that. Most people don't have 10k-30k just lying around and would like to own a classic, financing is a viable alternative for them. JMHO, we will have to agree to disagree.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 07, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
If you can't afford to pay cash for toys then you can't afford that toy. Keep saving.

well its not going to be a toy. im selling both my cars and am looking to purchase a restored first gen that i can drive daily.

of course i will pay some cash, i dont plan on financing the whole car, but also dont want to pay 30k cash for a car when i can use that money elsewhere that can make more money for me.

im 25 single with no kids, so other than my mortgage, i dont have anything else to neglect. hehe.

thanks for the hagery suggestion, ill check into them.

what about the "blank check" type car loans, where they just approve you a max amount and then you can use the check like cash. If i understand the process correctly, they already give you the loan before they even find out what the car is, so wouldn you be able to buy whatever you want?

i thought about the home equity line, but with the housing market the way it is in FL right now, id rather just leave my houses alone.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 07, 06:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mitch

No, they give you a blank check good for xxxx amount of dollars, but it isn't any good until it is endorsed. They need a notarized copy of the title signed by both the seller and purchaser and a bill of sale showing the price at minimum before they will actually authorize the funds to be transfered to the seller. It's a pain in the butt. That's how 1 guy wanted to buy my 67 a few weeks ago and I told it wasn't worth my time to jump thru all the hoops for him. I told him to come back when he had his money in his hand. Never heard from him again. Come to think of it, he still owes me 48 dollars to relist the car...

...38 Chev coupe, street rod
...54 Chev 210 coupe
...62 Impala SS, driver/project
...67 Camaro, ss/rs LA built driver/project
...66 Chevelle SS, Atlanta built 138 driver/project
...69 C10, cab and clip may end up on the '89 rollback
...70 Chevelle SS, Canadian documented Z25 project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode