Shout out - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 07, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Shout out

I'm not a newbie. I just haven't been on here in awhile. I'm back in Iraq stacking my paper so I can purchase my house and work on the 69 camaro. I had r&r 3 weeks ago and I helped pull a 350 engine and transmission out of my buddies 69. It took little over 4 hrs and it was a first for both of us. I will be pulling my engine in June and dropping it off at the performance shop for a build up and rebuild to 420 or so horsepower. I will also be media blasting my subframe and replacing all the bushings with the help of my buddies blasting machine and with help on the bushings. Thats where I'am right now. I will keep you posted. I have pics of his removal of his engine and front clip. I just have no idea on how to post them. Talk to you later .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 07, 09:31 PM
Senior Tech
Craig

Re: Shout out

sounds like you've got a lot scheduled....and thanks for your service!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Indy Pace Clone
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 07, 09:43 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome back to TC David. Glad to have you aboard! I also want to say thank you for your service. You guys are doing a great job over in Iraq. Be safe!

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 07, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Its the soldiers that deserve all the credit. I came over here as a civilian in 05 to make money and to do my part for the soldiers. It gives me a sense of pride to interact with them on a daily basis. Since being over here it has been all about these men and women who fight for what we take for granted back home. Once again thank the sodiers. I'm just doing a job.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 07, 06:46 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Welcome Dave ...from the Pacific NW ,I see your in Texas ,my family is in Kilgore visiting Dad and Grandpa...for spring break...enjoy and take your time with your car have fun..Happy Motoring

1972 Nova SS , 350, Auto, AC, Survivor

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 07, 07:18 AM

Welcome
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 07, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Thank you gentlemen. I'am looking forward to getting my hands dirty for a bit working on the car instead of getting all dirty from this big sandbox of Iraq. Its nice to come home for a bit. It gets harder to go back each time I come home on r&r. I will be taking my engine out the 2nd day I arrive to run it up to the performance shop, and it will be done and back in the beast in a week before I head back. I will be driving it to the bbq at the lake on the 4th of July. Man , I can't wait to throw back a couple of cold ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode