Wow, Nice Site! - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Wow, Nice Site!

I thought I was on all of the fbody boards until someone told me about this one. In just looking around this afternoon I'm impressed with all the great info. Soem of which I haven't seen on other boards, or just haven't been able to find.

Like the s/n says - I'm a Ford girl gone bad. Hit 40 yo and bought my first Chevy, a purple Z28. Then it became an addiction - got a '92 T/A vert, then a '98 Camaro, then another '92 Vert WS6 and my latest is a 2000 Trans Am. The only one I don't have anymore is the '98 Camaro. Don't tell my other cars, but my favorite is still my first Camaro. She's the one I work on, look to improve, spend all my extra cash on and weekends with -- and we rarely fight, lol. I just bought a Wheeler 383 stroker two weeks ago for her that I think I'm going to put in next winter.

Here are a few pics.

Glad to be here and looking forward to joining in the conversations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 02:12 PM
Senior Tech
Keith

Send a message via AIM to heatsinker
Re: Wow, Nice Site!

Hello Laurie and welcome from NJ. That is a great collection of wheels you have. You will find this site and the people here are the best thing to happen to the wonderful world of camaros.........Enjoy your stay and shut the light off when you leave.

Keith
1967 L-35 SS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 02:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Buck

Talking Re: Wow, Nice Site!

FordGirl, with age comes wisdom...
and maybe your site name sould be "FordGirlGoneGood"

Welcome to the site!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(far superior to the Pontiac Phoenix)

The Internet. It doesn't make you stupid. It just makes your stupidity more accessible to others.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 03:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Glad to see you came around from the dark side -- welcome to Team Camaro -- like Buck said "FordGirlGoneGood" as a screen name would fit just fine

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

LOL -- when you come from generations of Ford followers, you become the black sheep - hence BAD. I have the FGGB on all my cars -- the purple one has it across the front of the hood, and the others have the tag frame that say it. It's fun to put the Ford name on all my fbodies.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Nice collection and nice to have you join. You need one more so you can a different car for everyday of the work week.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett#2390 View Post
Nice collection and nice to have you join. You need one more so you can a different car for everyday of the work week.
Umm...those are just my f-bodies, lol. I have an '05 Ranger 4x4 and just bought two cars last week, an '04 Cavalier and an '05 Neon. I just had my offices transfer from 12 miles from home to nearly 30 miles from home and need a beater car to keep the miles and the huge gas bills from climbing during the week. I buy salvage and wrecked cars off ebay, repair them back to new again, get a State Police inspection and a safety inspection and sell them. I'm keeping the Cavalier from this last purchase, but I'll be selling the Neon locally.

The 2000 T/A in my pics was a salvage vehicle. Looked like it ran under an SUV. No core support damage, no frame damage - pure body damage, and the air bags blew. Replaced a few parts and now I have an enviable car. Same with the '98 Camaro, it was wrecked - I drove it for about nine months to make sure everything was okay on it, then sold it. It's not a side job I'd recommend to many, but it makes it so that I can afford to keep modding my cars, lol.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 05:46 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome Laurie from So. Cal. You have enough cars there to open up your own dealership. Glad to have you aboard

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 06:14 PM

nice stable - welcome
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 07, 09:09 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

Welcome
And just think as soon as you dump that [email protected]#& and pick up a little S-10 you'll be one of the truly converted.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirlGoneBad View Post
I buy salvage and wrecked cars off ebay, repair them back to new again, get a State Police inspection and a safety inspection and sell them. It's not a side job I'd recommend to many, but it makes it so that I can afford to keep modding my cars, lol.
Nice hobby or your forte?

You do the work or have a shop? Anyway, keep up the good work.

Most people can't understand why one would keep the car after fixing and drive it before flipping. I just tell them I'm getting my labor back plus making sure everything works.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 05:10 AM
Senior Tech
Paul

Welcome aboard!!
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 08:29 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Welcome Laurie ,you got a stable full of friends ,hehe good for you and have fun and Happy Motoring

1972 Nova SS , 350, Auto, AC, Survivor

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett#2390 View Post
Nice hobby or your forte?

You do the work or have a shop? Anyway, keep up the good work.

Most people can't understand why one would keep the car after fixing and drive it before flipping. I just tell them I'm getting my labor back plus making sure everything works.
More of a hobby than anything, but nice to know that I have something to fall back on if my regular job ever fails me. The B/F has a body shop, so he does the labor -- lucky me!

I thought maybe I was the only kook who drove the cars for a while after repairing them. I don't want any buyers coming back po'd because something isn't right -- so I generally try to put on at least 3,000 miles before I let it go. The only time I don't is if the damage is very minimal -- body only.

A '98 Camaro had a pretty hard hit on the passenger side door - I was worried about frame damage and the car had been sitting for a year -- I did a complete tune up ($700), put on new brakes all the way around, cleaned the fuel injectors, changed the 02 sensor and still had hesitation. The mechanic kept telling me it needed to be driven, so I drove the car about 6,000 miles before I let it go just to make sure everything was wearing properly. It stopped the hesitation after the third tank of gas. I don't think most people flipping cars go to that kind of trouble, but at least I know it's safe for the next owner.

You can see most of my before/after pics on my cardomain site...
cardomain.com/id/fordgirlgonebad.

To the rest who responded to my post - thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to be here.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 07, 08:03 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Thumbs up Re: Wow, Nice Site!

Hello and welcome to this site. Love the purple 3rd gen. I have a purple 1969 camaro.

(LARRY)

1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode