New-B 69 SS396 - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 07, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

New-B 69 SS396

Hey all.

This site looks awesome; lots of members and lots of knowledge. I am the proud owner of a Daytona Yellow w/ Black Hockey Stripes 69 Camaro. I have had it for a little over three years. It is a Van Nuyes car (early trim tag and no build sheet) so it would be hard to prove that it is a ???. I am pretty sure it is a 396 car. It has 12-bolt, big block springs, muncie and the big block heater core, but an un-original motor. Anyways, I guess since I don't plan on selling it- it doesn't matter too much.

Jordan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 07, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 07, 09:40 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Re: New-B 69 SS396

Well ... It does say 350 on the front fender ... Hmmm ... Do you have a black rear tail light panel ??? ... Without a picture of the rear ... I'd say off hand, NO ... The other clue that it is NOT a 396 original car, is that the hockey stripe has the blank between (where the emblem 350 is located) ... The real 396 had a continuous stripe ... I too own the LOS built SS 350 ... Very nice car ... Someone may have put a 396 in it ??? ... Contact me and I'll let you in on a few more "SS" secrets that have been revealed to me ... Kevin

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 07, 09:45 PM
Senior Tech

Hello and welcome from So. Cal.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 07, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

kmg1969ss-

I added some photos at the same link. Yes it has a black rear taillight panel. Also, this is not the original paint. It was painted ~11 years ago and the hockey stripe was done wrong. The 350 emblem was added just so it matches the motor in it right now. (It is a warranty replacement motor and the heads are the correct #s for a 70 corvette or z28 camaro lt1). I have a box of old emblems that were sold to me with the car. In that box are the 396 emblems as well as z28 emblems (I think someone used these for a while because the motor looks like a DZ).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode