Hello Team Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 07, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Hello Team Camaro

I will try to keep this short.

I have a 1999 Corvette convertible which is an awesome car and fun to drive. But, doesn't match my personality very well. So, it does a lot of sitting in the garage while I drive my '02 Silverado 2500. I Love the Engine/Trans combo and Have custom programming in it thanks to HPTUNERS.

I decided that what I really wanted is a 1969 Camaro with an LSX Eng and modern suspension. I had a tough time finding the "right" Camaro. I certainly could not "destroy" a pristine Z28, SS, etc. by putting an LSX in it.

Just before Christmas last year the "perfect" car became available. It is a 1969 Deluxe Coupe. I bought if from its second owner and it is in original condition. (except the engine) It has a 350 CU.

Then with my birthday around the corner I began looking for the items needed to make my LSX '69. when I stumbled one evening upon a Corvette Z06 "Rolling Chassis". I could not sleep for a week dreaming about this. It would be perfect. Alot of work but perfect. Alot of money.... Alot of work..... But, maybe I could get some sleep. So, I swallowed my adams apple and bought it. Now here I am time to get to work on it. I will check to see if anyone has done this already. But I am here for advise... I intend to build a bebsite to track my progress. But, it may be as exciting as watching a snail race.

See you around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 07, 07:41 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

Re: Hello Team Camaro

Welcome Tony! Sounds like you got you hands full for sure...Best of luck on your projects! From another Northen California member...

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 07, 07:56 AM
Team Member
Steve

Garage

Welcome Tony. Good luck with the project. Keeps us posted. BTW we like pictures.
There's also some good info on LSx swaps over at http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/
Check out the conversions section.

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 07, 08:18 AM
Welcome Back - Senior Tech
David

Ditto on eville's advice. Those folks can answer about any question on your hopeful conversion. Once your done make sure you come back and share your new-found wealth of knowledge. Good luck and keep us posted.

the learning curve is....expensive

1969 Camaro
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 07, 08:43 AM
Senior Tech

Welcome Tony. Good luck on your project car. Post some pictures soon

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 07, 09:12 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mr. Tibbs

Send a message via AIM to ChevyThunder

Welcome to the site Tony . If you need any help from us Nor Cal guys just let us know.

" Burn rubber not your Soul "
Camaro,Camaro,Camaro,Camaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode