68 Project Help - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 07, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tim

68 Project Help

Hey guys, I am taking oveer a 68 convertible project car. It has had all rust removed or has had new metal put in, and has been painted(although i will repaint). It has had the 327 overhauled, and front suspension overhauled. I am wondering where to start on this project. It is my first project car and I would like to do it right. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by ttds1809; Apr 28th, 07 at 01:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 07, 08:55 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

Re: 68 Project Help

Congratz
I'm sure lots will be willing to help you. We could use more information. Such as your long term goals/desires vs. the current state of the car.

I find it much easier to give advice to others then myself for some reason. Maybe I just feel better knowing that someone is working on thier car since i can't seem to find time for mine.

Anyhow, tells us you overall project goals so we can help you a bit more.

Hatya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver

327 9.6:1, Performer RPM Heads, 200R4, 3rd Gen P/S Box
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 07, 09:25 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome to Team Camaro Tim. Good luck on your 68 Vert project car. It sounds like a good one. Post some before and after pictures when you can.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 07, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
tim

I would like to keep it pretty close to factory. I am converting the brakes to four wheel disc, and I would like to swap the shifter from column to floor shifter. It has the original motor and trans. I don't think I will make any changes to them. It is a car that I would love to restore and drive.

Thanks for the feedback
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 07, 06:19 AM
Senior Tech
Chuck

Good luck on your project! The factory assembly manual as well as a book by Jason Scott: Camaro Restoration Guide 1967-1969 should help immensley, especially in those areas that you want to keep origional.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 07, 07:27 AM
Team Member
Jerry R.

The best advice I can give is whatever you take off as far as small parts and fasteners , put them in ziplock bags an label them . Even if you think you can remember where it goes label it anyway. Draw a little sketch of how it looks before dissasembely and toss that in the bag. Before you know it you could have dozens of bags and you'll be glad you did it. Also taking pictures as it comes apart can help in reassembely. Hey I still have parts left over ( from other projects ) and have no idea where they go so I learned the hard way. Good luck

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode