New Guy from Neb - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 8th, 07, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

New Guy from Neb

Hey everyone. I'm Cody and I'm originally from Nebraska. I'm in the Air Force and I'm currently stationed overseas to the desert right now. I work on B1-B Lancers as an electrician(we're based outta Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota). I've been a member now for almost 2yrs. on Camaros.net, but I never introduced myself. I am a huge Camaro fan and I have owned 3 of them since I was 16. I had a 1980 Berlinetta(which was my favorite of them all), it was hugger orange with the SS stripes on it. It only had a 305, but it was all the motor a 16yr old needed I guess. Everywhere i went people would stop and tell me how nice the car was(the attention from the ladies wasn't too bad either). My dad sold the car when I almost failed a class...he apologized when I was 18 and told me he wishes he would never have sold it(DUH!). Oh well I guess. I have also owned a 1989 RS Camaro(2.8L V6), and it wasn't my favorite Camaro. I found out first hand all the problems 3rd Gens are notorious for(overheating, ignition, etc.). I sold that car to my brother and bought a '91 z28, which I still own. I wanted a v8 and that's what I got. It has a 355(350 bored .030 over), vortec heads, MSD Ignition, nitrous setup, posi trac(not sure if it was stock gears or not as rear end was replaced by previous owner after breaking the rear axle doing cookies at walmart, lol), and it has a rebuilt transmission on it with a stage 2 shift kit and a B & M ratchet shifter. It's a neat car, but I've put a lot of money into it just to keep it running stock. If it had ran the way it was supposed to I coulda had a bad *** motor in there by now, lol. Oh, I forgot to mention the Torque Thrust II rims and Kumho Ecsta tires(which i am a big fan of). I am currently looking for a 2nd Gen Camaro to buy. I miss the 1980 that I had and would love more than anything to baby another 2nd Gen. I think I might use a little bit of my hard earned deployment money and spoil myself with a Camaro, lol. Well, I've talked for probably too long by now. If you haven't fallen asleep yet, I'd love to get feedback from you guys about you think. I'd also be willing to answer any questions you have about the B1-B or what I do. Thanks again for having such a kick *** site!

Cody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 9th, 07, 01:08 AM
Senior Tech
John

Re: New Guy from Neb

Welcome to the site Cody. I think most members here can tell a story about the one that got away, or the one the ex sold. So we know how you feel. Heck ya, spend some of that pay on something you like, then drive it like you stole it.

Think OPSEC !!!!

Please dont take this personnal but read this e-mail I recently received:

An Army LT who was an MP had a MySpace account. He used it as a diary of his days in Iraq. He had photos of himself in his uniform in most of the places within a tent city. He talked about USA tactics and how they were changing due to the ACM threat. He documented his day, down to the hour: where he was at what time, what times the chow hall was open for lunch and when it was crowded, when his sleeping schedules changes because of patrols, etc. One day the tent city was attacked by ACMs with mortars, no one was harmed. That night, the Army LT went on his MySpace account and documented the incident. He said where the ACMs positioned the launcher in regards to the base perimeter, what rounds they used, how many, and best of all (if you are an ACM reading American MySpace accounts), the LT stated “if those [email protected]#%ards had placed the launcher slightly farther away on higher ground it would have been a f$%&ing direct hit”. Two days later three ACMs launched another attack. This time they didn’t miss…CPL (name removed), PFC (name removed), and PFC (name removed) were killed.

Please know that you do directly effect lives with your MySpace accounts…don’t give the enemy anything, sanitize your website like you would sanitize your uniform.

With that said....keep safe and come home alive. Thank you for your service.

john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode