Heya all. - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 15th, 07, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Heya all.

New to the forums here. Just want to introduce myself as I imagine I'll be frequenting these boards in the near future. I'm Danny from Long Beach, Ca. I have a 69 Camaro Coupe. Nothing special just a 327 powerglide car originally that I bought about 7 years ago for $3000. Drove it home and promptly parked it for about 5 years after realizing how much of a money pit it would be. I've since learned much more about what to check for when buying classic cars haha. So after extensive body work and many headaches and trips to the bank it is solid again and bondo free.

Quick list of what I've done to it to date aside from the major body repairs.

Pulled out the subframe, new body mount bushings etc...
Global West tubular upper and lowers with coil-overs.
Wilwood brakes all 4 courners with 2" drop up front.
Welded in Subframe connectors with cal-tracs bars and 2 piece mono leaf out back with strange shocks.
Replaced the 10 bolt with a 12 bolt from a 68 33 car. Had Currie replace the carrier with an eaton unit, 33 spline axles, c-clip eliminators and 4.56 gears.

That's about where she sits at the moment. I had the guy who did the metal work paint it roughly. The plan was to get paint on it and then bring it back for the finishing touches after the car was put together. Figuring it would acquire a few scratches in the process so no point putting in hours and hours color sanding and such.

I'll attach a few picks of it from start to it's current state. Well rather before suspension. No new picks with that done.

I also have a 62 nova straight 6 car that is just a fun driver for cruising around town.

Last edited by paramecium; May 15th, 07 at 11:58 PM. Reason: I'm retarded. Global west control arms, not Detroit Speed. Had a brain fart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 15th, 07, 12:56 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Heya all.

Wow! What a difference from the start. Looking good Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 15th, 07, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

Welcome Daniel, Nice ride and very nice work. As Dave said, "Thanks for the pics."

I must say, I'm impressed with the HazMat paint locker at home. Oh, and the roll around body cart.

Paramecium, haven't heard the word since high school.....love your quote from C.S. Lewis

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 15th, 07, 05:03 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome To Team Camaro -- thanks for the pics -- nice job on the car, it looks great

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 15th, 07, 09:17 AM

I'm impressed Daniel keep up the good work. It will keep you out of trouble and you got somthing there to really be proud of.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 15th, 07, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Ya I'm excited to get the project rolling again. I had to put it in storage for about 6 months as I had no place to work on it. Luckily my roomie and I just got a small shop near the house to work on all our projects. We race flat bottom drag boats as well so we needed more room then the garage at the house provides and I needed a place to work on the car so a shop seemed like a good solution. We move in on the 1st of June and the Camaro is priority 1. I'll keep you all posted on how it's coming along!!!!!

~Danny

Oh and here are a couple of pics of the previously mentioned things I couldn't get pictures of at work.

the rear before it went into the car.

The Nova.

And the race boat I mentioned if anyone was interested in that.

Last edited by paramecium; May 15th, 07 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Adding pictures =)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 15th, 07, 12:25 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Hello and welcome great looking project.

(LARRY)

1969 CAMARO SS 502ci - 600hp

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 15th, 07, 01:10 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

id bet the boat motor would be sweet in your 69, looks great! and welcome

'67' RS

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 15th, 07, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Haha ya it would. the boat is a 500 inch chevy/olds big chief setup. I'd have to look at some time slips to be 100% sure but I believe the best numbers with that motor is something like a 7.75 at 138 mph. Would definitely be interesting in the car haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode