Yep, just another intro - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 21st, 07, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

Yep, just another intro

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I only found this site a few weeks ago while searching for a 69'. I finally found one (elsewhere) and I'm having it transported to Atlanta next week. I'm really excited. I've owned a 2nd gen (79' Z28) and a 3rd gen (84' t-top) in the past, and this will be like going back to my high school days getting a 1st gen camaro. Ever since I had my 1st of 3 children 18yrs ago, I kinda gave up caring about cars. Some of you know the deal . So yeah, I'm a 48yr old guy rediscovering the pride of owning a car you actually want to wash and wax.

I've been reading threads here like crazy. I know I'll be asking a lot of questions in the coming weeks/months, but I also know to use a search button!

Anyway, I'm glad to be part of a community where there are obviously some very professional folks. I've extremely impressed with the knowledge base here, as well as the rapid response time for answering someone's questions/concerns. You guys rock!

Kevin

Learning & Relearning about the cars I grew up with.
69' - Built 350, 750 Holley, Elgin E920P Cam, 283 PP Heads, Long Comp Headers, MSD, TKO-600, 12 Bolt Posi 3.73, Hotchkis Rear, Eibach Front w/Hotchkis Sway, SPC UCAs, 3rd Gen PS, AR TTII's. Still working on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 21st, 07, 09:24 PM
Tech Team
Joe

Re: Yep, just another intro

Kevin, welcome to the group. It is awesome and good luck with car search.

Joe
1968 camaro convertible, 383 stroker, 435hp/465ftlbs TQ - 10 bolt 3.73 posi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 21st, 07, 09:28 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome aboard from sunny So. Cal. Congrats on your purchase. Post some pictures soon!

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camaro buds until the end!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 07, 05:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Welcome to Team Camaro and congrats on finding a first gen Camaro -- post pics when you get a chance

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 07, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesouthshore View Post
Kevin, welcome to the group. It is awesome and good luck with car search.
You missed the part where I found one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dave View Post
Welcome aboard from sunny So. Cal. Congrats on your purchase. Post some pictures soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougP View Post
Welcome to Team Camaro and congrats on finding a first gen Camaro -- post pics when you get a chance
Thanks, fellas. I will be sure to post pics when I get it transported, which will hopefully be by late next week, at the latest. Already knowing some things that will need repair, I've read a lot of "searched" threads here. I have a lot to learn, but also enjoy helping others once I've gained the knowledge to be able to. I belong to another forum, so I'm forum savvy (totally unrelated to cars). I've also read some great articles here from Brian (?) about painting, bondo, etc...

69' - Built 350, 750 Holley, Elgin E920P Cam, 283 PP Heads, Long Comp Headers, MSD, TKO-600, 12 Bolt Posi 3.73, Hotchkis Rear, Eibach Front w/Hotchkis Sway, SPC UCAs, 3rd Gen PS, AR TTII's. Still working on it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 07, 07:58 AM
Senior Tech
Boo

Welcome Kevin. I just bought my first Gen1 in March and I'm just catching my breath with all the mods I dove into. Gotta love it. congrats and welcome to best car site on the net.

My Ride:
1968 Camaro SS Clone

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 07, 08:17 AM
Senior Tech
Gean

Hey kevin - greetings from Northern California - and congrats on the 1st gen purchase!

1967 Camaro Father+Sons Project

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 07, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by booman55 View Post
Welcome Kevin. I just bought my first Gen1 in March and I'm just catching my breath with all the mods I dove into. Gotta love it. congrats and welcome to best car site on the net.
I agree that this is the best car site. Congrats on your 1st gen purchase, as well! I'm only about 60 days behind you...but probably light years behind in knowledge of these beasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geano View Post
Hey kevin - greetings from Northern California - and congrats on the 1st gen purchase!
Thank you, sir. This place truly seems like a brotherhood. You can imagine how excited I am. I've already ordered some ramps, Chilton's manual, & POR-15 (seems like you gotta have this stuff, lol). I've checked prices on fuel senders, tanks, body skins etc... Yep, like a kid in a candy shop.

My honest confession: Guys, I quit changing my own friggin' oil many years ago. I do change my own disc brakes, plugs/wires etc., but for the most part.......I've been a "don't have time, take it to a shop" kinda guy for many years now. I was never a whiz with cars and hardly understand how a motor works. Yet, I can't wait to relearn things I used to know....and learn many, many more that I never knew.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 07, 09:20 AM
Senior Tech
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbx1969 View Post
I agree that this is the best car site. Congrats on your 1st gen purchase, as well! I'm only about 60 days behind you...but probably light years behind in knowledge of these beasts.

My honest confession: Guys, I quit changing my own friggin' oil many years ago. I do change my own disc brakes, plugs/wires etc., but for the most part.......I've been a "don't have time, take it to a shop" kinda guy for many years now. I was never a whiz with cars and hardly understand how a motor works. Yet, I can't wait to relearn things I used to know....and learn many, many more that I never knew.
My name is Booman55 and I don't change my own oil either. I stopped changing my oil in my other vehicle years ago as well. I didn't have the time or the setup where I was living and it was more convenient to drop it off on the way to work and have it done.
That's one of the reasons I bought the Camaro, to get back into the flow of doing car maintainance and learning some new tricks. I've got a garage now in my new house, so I'm going to get some jackstands and/or ramps and start doing all the work myself.

My Ride:
1968 Camaro SS Clone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode