New here - building a 69 Camaro for my bro-in-law in Iraq - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 07, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bryan

New here - building a 69 Camaro for my bro-in-law in Iraq

Newbie here, but mostly because I'm a diehard Pontiac guy and tend to stay away from the Camaro websites. But, I'm here because of a good cause! We're building a 69 Camaro to show our appreciation for serving our country. My bro-in-law is in the Army and is currently serving in Baghdad, Iraq. His mother, who he lost a few years back, used to own a 69 Camaro. He always talked about wanting to get a Camaro like his mom's old car.

So we've decided to build him one and surprise him with it when he gets back.

We are still searching for the car, haven't found a good one yet for a decent price. We're trying to find one that doesn't need too much body work, as we have a local guy donating the body work.

It really is amazing how people have come together for this project! A few sponsors of this site have offered parts and services, once we get all the details ironed out I'll post pics and all that good stuff.

I just hope I can find a car soon. Seems like everything around my area is ungodly priced.

To follow along with the project, check out http://www.patriotdream.org or check my posts here. Undercover Innovations and G-Machines Racing have already helped out with some donations, and other companies have showed interest, so this is going to be an amazing vehicle!

If anyone is interested in helping out, just give me a shout or email me through the webpage.

98 Trans Am - LS1, T56 swap in the works
79 Bandit Trans Am - 408 Pontiac/4-spd - SOLD
68 Camaro (Patriot Dream car) - Built 327, Super T-10 4-spd, lowered and nitroused PT machine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 07, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: New here - building a 69 Camaro for my bro-in-law in Iraq

Awesome idea! My hat is off to you & your friends.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 07, 04:08 AM
Senior Tech
Rod

Very cool idea!!

Rod
69 Camaro with LS2/4l70e

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 07, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bryan

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions, I could build a 2nd gen TA with my eyes closed, but Camaros are a new beast to me.

68 Camaro (Patriot Dream car) - Built 327, Super T-10 4-spd, lowered and nitroused PT machine

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 07, 05:16 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Doug

Best of luck with the project

==Doug
Former
owner
Former
owner
Former 2nd
owner (
)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 07, 10:55 AM
Senior Tech

Welcome to the Team Bryan. What a great idea! Hope you find a car soon.

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 07, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bryan

It's hard as hell to find a good car. The project is almost totally donation based, so it needs to be a cheap car.

Why couldn't his mom have driven a Mustang?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 07, 12:21 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4birdman View Post
It's hard as hell to find a good car. The project is almost totally donation based, so it needs to be a cheap car.

Why couldn't his mom have driven a Mustang?
Because she had class..............

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 07, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bryan

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 07, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bryan

We will be taking everyone who donates at least $5 to PatriotDream.org and putting their name, or if they wish, someone else's name in honor or memory of them.
We will be taking all of the names and printing them out of card stock and having two sets made. One set will be presented to Shawn when we give the car to him, and the other set will be placed under the back seat of the Camaro so it will forever be a part of the car.
We have a line on a car, but we are short on funds. If you can spare anything, please let us know. Funds can be sent to [email protected] and be sure to note what name(s) you would like to have printed on the card.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 07, 05:54 PM
Senior Tech

we still have some real people left in this world!!! god bless you
that why american is number one!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode