Introduction - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 07, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Introduction

Hi guyz,
My name is Mike. I have a 1994 Chevy Silverado. I recently blew the rear main. This engine originates from autozone's shelf (autozone create engine). Anyway I am about to repair the Rear Main Seal. While I do this I would also like to beef the engine at what ever means possible on a resonable blue collar budget. It has a TBI 350 with the 4L60E Trans. Which I installed a Stage 2 B&M Shift Improver. What I am getting at is that it will rip second gear rubber with the best of them. but thats it, kinda like a bottle rocket that shoots but now *Pop*. My dalima is that I am ends whether to keep the existing Throttle Body Injection (TBI) Or convert to a Tuned Port Injection (TPI). From research I believe that my factory TBI flow about 480 CFM. Not much if you ask me. I want to know is there that much of a HP and Torgue gain in just the injection swap? Or would I be better of with just concentrating on the engine and upgrade the cam. And maybe some Vortec Heads? I dunno. I have tried to research this on the net. No luck on my specific scenario.

My Questions in whole.
1. Should I keep the factory throttle body? or should I look around and find a TPI from a camaro or something and Convert? (Hopeing to be able to just find a PROM Chip and use same ECM and Maybe some Wiring harness atatchments to attach the new injectors. No luck on finding this yet. I did see on this board that I could call Street and Performance that they have a fix for this convertion.

2. Should I Just upgrade the Cam and Maybe the HEads? Or are the factory heads on this truck usable?

3. Forget the Injection and go carb? I would like to put a cam in it with somewhat of a rough Idle is this possible on a comp engine?

Again thanx for your help. This is an awsome place for information.

P.S. I am Wanting to get into about the mid to high 300hp... 330 would be good. Dont want to Stroke it...

Here is the Cam I was looking at.... http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_363939_-1 Is this much over stock? Would I get much of a hp gain? I know how to do all the work just dont know the combinations for efi...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode