Young guy looking for some advice - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 07, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Young guy looking for some advice

Hey guys im Josh. I'm lookin for my first camaro and no it's not because im just getting into it it's because im turning 16 this winter and definately want my first car to be a camaro. I've been working since I was 12 and saving up my money every summer for this. I'm open for all kinds of advice and pointers so if you have something for me or know of something for me to look at don't be afraid to let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 07, 06:10 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Re: Young guy looking for some advice

What year Camaro are you looking for?

Christropher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 07, 10:38 AM
Senior Tech

Welcome to the Team. Try searching the classifieds section here on TC...maybe there is one that might be for you. Good luck with your search. I hope you find a your dream car soon!

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 07, 04:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
jimmy

Welcome,
Wisconsin you say?-get one with a good heater core.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 07, 05:57 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Josh , thank you for not shopping for an import like so many young guys are doing lately. I applaud guys like you and American Iron.

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 07, 09:49 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye rock23 View Post
Hey guys im Josh. I'm lookin for my first camaro and no it's not because im just getting into it it's because im turning 16 this winter and definately want my first car to be a camaro. I've been working since I was 12 and saving up my money every summer for this. I'm open for all kinds of advice and pointers so if you have something for me or know of something for me to look at don't be afraid to let me know.
a 67-69 is big bucks (for 95% of us but especially for a 16 year old)...the 70-73's are also pretty steep. the 74-81's can be cool and low budget. a guy around here found a black 78 in near MINT condition for less than $3000. if your budget is between 5-10k thats what I'd look for (my first was a 76 Type LT) or if your budget is 10-15k I'd look for an LS1 car 98-02's I think...those LS1 motors are friggin wicked.

68 Z/28, grotto blue, protect-o-plate
67 plain jane survivor, deep water blue, protect-o-plate
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 07, 10:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kalif Johnson

Send a message via AIM to dreamweaver

Welcome to the site, and the "club" - One word of advice: Ask lots of questions about any specific car you might be interested, get opinions etc., and post pics and details BEFORE you buy it... people here will look out for your best interest and may be aboe to see things / point oit things that you may miss.

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim." - Gustave Le Bon
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 07, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye rock23 View Post
I hope you go with 1st if not early 2nd generation. Use the body and frame and build the crap out of it. Welcome to the site , Great to see the younger crowd into it!!!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 07, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys! I was thinking probably a third gen but was thinking that i could get one with a 350 (havent found too many people putting lt1's in but that'd be sweet) that would need little work. I also kind of wanted a manual but i've found out that those are very hard to find. let me know if you find something but thanks for all of the help.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 07, 10:28 PM
Senior Tech
Rob.

What part of wisconsin are you from? And welcome.

Rob

"There are questions to be answered, and answers to be questioned"

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 07, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

im from right around appleton...just south of green bay. I don't mind traveling a little bit for a car worth it but don't really want to waste my time going very far for a car i wish i would've never seen.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 07, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

I wouldnt even mind a fourth gen car, 93-97 most likely, and those are much easier to find but also more expensive, and unless it's cheap, between 4 and 4500 idk if i could afford it.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 07, 03:12 AM
Senior Tech

Welcome Josh. I agree with you about the 93-97's. I just sold a 97SS with an LT1 and let me tell you that car RIPPED! Good Luck and welcome.

68 convertible 327 Ralley Green, White top, Deluxe Ivory interior, powerglide with white bumblebee stripe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode