just wanting to join the enthusiasts - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 07, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

just wanting to join the enthusiasts

After searching for 1st gen camaros, I finally "pulled the trigger" and bought a '67 camaro. I have been searching for almost 10 years, that's right, 10 years and 3 marraiges for a 67-69 camaro. I have driven probably 2000 miles to look at 20 cars and found one that I think has potential. I am not a dealer, a "flipper", but a true dedicated gearhead who has two A-bodies and has been on team chevelle since '99. It makes me sad to admit that the car I bought this week could have been had for 1/3 of the price when I started, but such is life. Please give me some support as I have supported Al and his two sites for a long time. I've learned little of Camaros, and a ton of Chevelles and El Caminos (my 1st car in 1980 was a 1972 chevelle). Charlie Lillard (clill) is my hero and I wish he could adopt me, incidentally.

Sincerely,

Mike

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/fe...y_chevelle_ss/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 07, 07:59 PM
Team Member
Christropher

Re: just wanting to join the enthusiasts

Welcome to the real TC!
Looks like you at least got the right year Camaro too!

Christropher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 07, 08:18 PM
Team Member
Jerry R.

Welcome Mike , you'll soon forget about those Chevelles

my Magnaflow X-pipe system sound clip, click the link

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 07, 08:34 PM
Senior Tech

Belated welcome Mike. Congrats on your purchase of a 67 Camaro. Glad you found it after all these years. Where in So. Cal are you located?

67 RS Camaro 327/ 350 Holley 650cfm > Edelbrock Performer Intake > Pertronix Ignition > Accel Super Stock Coil and Wires > Hedman Hedders > Hotchkis Performance Springs > 15" Rallys all around

Camaro buds until the end!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 07, 10:58 PM
Senior Tech

Welcome Mike and don't take all that stuff they said toooo seriously. Ive been on here for many years and I just bought a 68 Chevelle! Charlie is one of my gearhead heroes too! Kevin

68SS 396/375 L-78 Camaro
68 Chevelle
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 04:40 AM
Senior Tech
Berry

Quote:
Looks like you at least got the right year Camaro too!
As long as you ditch the wing windows you'll be alright!

Its cheaper to be poor!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

Thanks folks. Dave, I live in Carlsbad but spent 38 of my 42 years on this planet in West L.A.

I often wish that I had chosen a much cheaper hobby like needlepoint or gardening, but what are you going to do.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 07:46 AM

welcome
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 07, 09:01 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule

welcome from Nor Cal

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 07, 04:05 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Welcome Mike, from bad sand land of west Texas.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 07, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I figured I should at least show what I got. Here it is new money pit....that is not me winning the auction as it bought it but the guy couldn't stop the auction. I'm not going to boast about getting a great deal, but the car is one of the least molested/misrepresented I've found. The motor and trans are weak, but I can build those myself, still haven't decided which way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode