Cool Site, Hello! & Please Help! - Team Camaro Tech
New Member Introductions New here? Please introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 07, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Cool Site, Hello! & Please Help!

hi pretty cool site here! i just wish i still had my Z, it was a 1968 Z-28 that was STOLEN from me at the apartment complex i lived at n.w. of grand rapids, mi. It was many years ago but i have the feeling that it is still around and people keep asking me about it and swear they seen it around! it was ralley green with white stripes 302 cid., m-22, 4:10 rear end, new front fenders and a l/quarter before repaint. there are unmistakable marks on the frame where ladder bars were removed at one time. the VIN #124378N419121, please help an ophan return home. i hate car thieves! i am in the process of retrieving the police reports from the walker, mi police dept. and the michigan state police. i am holding the title in front of me. i was busy raising a family for the las 20yrs. and just didn't have the time or money to pursue it and the state doesn't keep stolen vehicles on record for more than 7 years so i am running a registration search for the last 20 years to see if anyone has tried to re-register it.
Thanks for looking, and i love this club!
Earl James Gager
2251 Valentine
Grand Rapids, Mi.
(616) 364-3106
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 07, 06:54 AM
Senior Tech
Brent

Re: Cool Site, Hello! & Please Help!

With the police report in hand the DMV or police should be able/willing to check the VIN nationally. IF it was not re-VIN'd or chopped up and it was re-registered under that VIN, you will find the car.

If you do find the current "owner's" address however, be careful in how you go about contacting him. It would be a major shock to find out his pride and joy is not his--his first instinct will probably not be to hand you the car keys and the car.

I'd physically locate and photograph the location and the car, then contact the local police department, explain the situation and have them accompany you to the vehicle. The current "owner" may even be the person who "borrowed" it from you but it is probably just some guy who bought it from the thief.

That all said, if the insurance company paid you for the loss, I believe they now own the car. You might want check that out.

Keep us posted on your progress. Hopefully there are no TC'ers sitting at home crying on their keyboard because they "own" #124378N419121.

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 07, 08:12 PM
Senior Tech
Robert

Re: Cool Site, Hello! & Please Help!

good luck in your search .. I've never gone thru what you have .. " knock on wood " .. Im 15 mins from Mexico .. so if anything got taken from here .. its pretty much bye bye Gone !!!!!!

keep us posted in what you come up with .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode